W212 e220 (2015) say nav brightness at night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Begazzz

Car
W212 E220 AMG NIGHT EDITION ESTATE
Hi guys and gals.

Well after a long break I'm back in a merc and it feels like I'm home again after a 10 year break in vw vans and an a6 Le Mans it's time to float again. ;)

Sat nav. Q;

I would have thought that when the car detects it's nighttime ie puts the lights on it would put the nav into night mode but it doesn't? Can anyone advise as it's bloody bright and a bit off putting and can't see any reference in manuals.
I'd rather not dim all displays in the settings, just the nav with night sky etc.
Thanks in advance if you can help.

Mine puts it into night mode when appropriate but not sure if related to main lights coming on or has internal sensor.
From memory I suspect internal sensor but I am sure someone with better knowledge will come along and update you.

Go to "System" on the screen, then"Settings" then "Display" then tick "Automatic"
Works like this on my 2010 W212 with Command anyway.
But I still find that the display is sometimes too dark or bright during daylight depending on the ambient light level in which case go to "Brightness" from the above steps and adjust
This will only affect the Command screen not the speedo etc

Cool found it thanks. Just one more thing if you know. If I remember rightly the indicator and wipers was all on one stalk on the right hand side on my old w114/23/4. This has made me think what would happen if I grabbed the drive stalk while going along? Would it politely refuse my request or bag the auto box?

:dk:

Thanks.

Cool found it thanks. Just one more thing if you know. If I remember rightly the indicator and wipers was all on one stalk on the right hand side on my old w114/23/4. This has made me think what would happen if I grabbed the drive stalk while going along? Would it politely refuse my request or bag the auto box?

:dk:

Thanks.

I have done this a time or two the gear selector on the right and stalk takes some getting used to, nothing happens normally but I did it once whilst reversing off the drive so I was going slow but it did make a sickening thud and come to an abrupt halt, no damage caused though.

Cheers. I guess fear is the best thing to focus the mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom