W212 E220 CDi Estate Pics.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mudster

MB Enthusiast
Car
2008 A150 SE Classic, 2007 Saab 9-3 Sportwagon
This was in Lookers of Redhill (Surrey) this afternoon, I took a couple of Phone snaps.

It's a 220 cdi Auto with what looked like grey leather (unless they do artico). Looked like the SE model. A little bit plain but it is the base model.

It didn't look huge to me, just a nice size.

There was also a C180K in there which was Carneol Red (spl?) - it looked lovely, shame more people don't go with these colours, there's actually no form of red at all available for the E class unless you go Designo and I've not seen Cuprtie Brown in the flesh yet to be able to determine if I actually like it or not.

21-01-10_1331.jpg

21-01-10_1332.jpg

I was down at Mb Nottingham earlier today. I was pleased to see no less than four S212s in. One in the showroom and three outside, presumably demonstrators at the ready. All of them looked to be black Avantgardes.

Didn't have time/opportunity to get a closer look, unfortunately.

Nice to see some real life pics, looks good.

I could be wrong here but it seems the majority of the W212 E-Class' I have seen have all been SE models like the one pictured here, with only a few Avantgardes and Sports. With the W211 this was the other way round, nobody really bothered with the base model and the Elegance/ Avantgarde models where the big sellers. Anyone else noticed this?

Same with the saloon, majority are 'SE', I should think they are aimed at the fleet driver mainly although surprised at estates, dont remember seeing many Classic S211's. Cuprite brown is more of a deep red than a brown.

I'm looking forward to seeing the E-Class Cabriolet when it gets launched in March. My local dealership is going to give me a preview when its in, (Which means anyone who wants a squint is welcome ;))

IMHO Not sure about the rear "hips " (if I can call them that), running through into the rear door with the swage line running from the front to back above it converging on the door shut line, looks messy, though looks much better in the pictures I've seen of the 2 door Cabriolet version.

Looks nice. I think the popularity of the SE is down to [a] price and the fact that it has the better looking front end (don't like the LED fairy lights). And there's no cloth option on them now to make them "look" cheap.

I like my classsic though.

Went to Merc Edinburgh today for their estate launch. Lots of 250CDi, no 350s. All of them manual boxes the clutch of which feels horrible. :(. Quite taken with the Avantgarde trim but didn't like the black headcloth in the Sport. Claustrophobic feeling. Really bland ugly dash I thought and total lack of interesting paint colours. Lots of variant greys and silvers, black and white of course. Other than the sky blue (yuk) where's the pzazz gone?
And the rear seat bases don't lift,:dk: so the backs when folded lie on the bases and aren't level unless there is a weight put on them. What will that do to the upholstery long term?

Not hugely impressed I must say. Rather disappointed in fact.

There won't be any 350's until the summer (June/July ish).

I agree about the colours, I'd like something other than monochrome shades which is why I'm erring towards the Cuprite Brown.

I hate those door mirrors

I agree about the colours, I'd like something other than monochrome shades which is why I'm erring towards the Cuprite Brown.

They had every colour but Cuprite. I asked and was given a lame excuse about it being in PDI (maybe?). I don't think they had one.

I also alluded to the injector problem.:devil: Was told the original producer is now out of business and Bosch has taken over production. Is this correct?

I also alluded to the injector problem.:devil: Was told the original producer is now out of business and Bosch has taken over production. Is this correct?

I was told the same when I posed the same question before Christmas.

Sounds like a "Corporate" answer to me.

saw a saloon in cuprite brown .. it looked amazing. Great colour

I dislike Cuprite Brown - it is, well, brown! Brown cars after 1970 is just wrong :)

When I placed my E350 Salon order I asked the dealer if anyone had ever ordered one in Cuprite Brown and he said not to his knowledge from this dealership.

It is a shame they don't do mor colour options, because it is quite limited. I went for black on my salon but would have like to see a deep Audi-esque cherry red or similar.

I was given a new E250cdi today as a courtesy car. very nice to drive. this new four cyclinder with the 5 speed auto and 204bhp pullsed well with constant urge. I was a little disapointed by the mpg over the 50 m,iles I drove at speeds between 30-xxx I managed 37mpg

The dealer (Hughes in Alysebury) had a grey E220 in the show room and a very nice black one with sport pack on the forecourt, only registered today so they wouldn't let me have a go.

The Grey one was listed as £32000 on the road, with a few extras fitted. They have made some subtle changes on the interior. the Steering wheel is slightly different shape to the saloon and the head light switch has been redesigned with two seperate switches for the fog lamps. It had the auto tailgate which is alot quieter than my S211 and the cover also closes at the same time as the tailgate, rather than after like mine.

I dislike Cuprite Brown - it is, well, brown! Brown cars after 1970 is just wrong :)

When I placed my E350 Salon order I asked the dealer if anyone had ever ordered one in Cuprite Brown and he said not to his knowledge from this dealership.

It is a shame they don't do mor colour options, because it is quite limited. I went for black on my salon but would have like to see a deep Audi-esque cherry red or similar.

Out of preference I'd like a deep red/plum type colour.

I've not seen cuprite Brown on a vehicle yet.

saw a saloon in cuprite brown .. it looked amazing. Great colour

I couldn't agree more, a refreshing change from which shade of grey do you have?

Slightly bias comment as my W212 is Cuprite Brown.:D

Slightly bias comment as my W212 is Cuprite Brown.:D

Pictures please.:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom