W212 E220 Towbar for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Frankor

Car
MB E220 AMG Line Premium (W213)
I removed the towbar from my E220 W212 (2014) hoping to fit it to my E220 AMG Line W213 (2017).
Unfortunately the mountings are different so that was a no-go.
I have since had a new Towbar fitted, and so the removed bar is in my garage if anyone is interested?

The Towbar (2 years old and in perfect condition) is a ‘Witter’ detachable swan neck, with 13pin electrics.
There is no bumper cut required, and the electrics plug straight into the rear fusebox. – it will however require a software alteration by someone with access to the electronics.
(Detaching the electrics indicated a trailer fault by way of rapid indicator repeater on the instrument panel)

As have made fewer than 30 posts, I am not able to use classifieds section of the forum. Any questions / sensible offers, please pm me.

I removed the towbar from my E220 W212 (2014) hoping to fit it to my E220 AMG Line W213 (2017).
Unfortunately the mountings are different so that was a no-go.
I have since had a new Towbar fitted, and so the removed bar is in my garage if anyone is interested?

The Towbar (2 years old and in perfect condition) is a ‘Witter’ detachable swan neck, with 13pin electrics.
There is no bumper cut required, and the electrics plug straight into the rear fusebox. – it will however require a software alteration by someone with access to the electronics.
(Detaching the electrics indicated a trailer fault by way of rapid indicator repeater on the instrument panel)

As have made fewer than 30 posts, I am not able to use classifieds section of the forum. Any questions / sensible offers, please pm me.

Good evening. I'm in the middle of doing some research on a car I'm going to test drive and possibly buy tomorrow. It's an E220d AMG Line estate 2017 model. I currently tow a caravan and hoped you wouldn't mind helping me out.
When you got your tow bar fitted was it and aftermarket Towbar.
Do all your electrics like parking sensors and boot opening pedal work correctly.

What's it like as a tow car, I currently have a 1350kg caravan?

Have you had any DPF problems.

Kind regards.

Doug.

Good evening. I'm in the middle of doing some research on a car I'm going to test drive and possibly buy tomorrow. It's an E220d AMG Line estate 2017 model. I currently tow a caravan and hoped you wouldn't mind helping me out.
When you got your tow bar fitted was it and aftermarket Towbar.
Do all your electrics like parking sensors and boot opening pedal work correctly.

What's it like as a tow car, I currently have a 1350kg caravan?

Have you had any DPF problems.

Kind regards.

Doug.
Hi Doug, This was an aftermarket detachable towbar - "Witter" delivered to and fitted by Alba Towing (Perth) Total cost of £623.
[email protected]
Mine was for a Mercedes Benz E Class, Saloon, W212 (All other variants).
It is unlikely this bar (which I still have) will fit the estate version, but I'm sure they can help you out.
Boot opening and parking sensors all worked fine with the added bonus the reversing camera could see the ball for easy connection.
I didn't do a lot of heavy towing - a small trailer, a cycle rack and very occasionally a three ton boat!
Obviously the boat was a bit overweight for the car, but taking it easy over just a few miles didn't cause any issues.
No DPF problems to report, but I would suggest you avoid cheap supermarket fuel for the towing jobs.

Good luck with the drive and purchase tomorrow.
Frank.

Hi Doug, This was an aftermarket detachable towbar - "Witter" delivered to and fitted by Alba Towing (Perth) Total cost of £623.
[email protected]
Mine was for a Mercedes Benz E Class, Saloon, W212 (All other variants).
It is unlikely this bar (which I still have) will fit the estate version, but I'm sure they can help you out.
Boot opening and parking sensors all worked fine with the added bonus the reversing camera could see the ball for easy connection.
I didn't do a lot of heavy towing - a small trailer, a cycle rack and very occasionally a three ton boat!
Obviously the boat was a bit overweight for the car, but taking it easy over just a few miles didn't cause any issues.
No DPF problems to report, but I would suggest you avoid cheap supermarket fuel for the towing jobs.

Good luck with the drive and purchase tomorrow.
Frank.
Cheers Frank for your information. Appreciated.
I was going to avoid supermarket fuel full stop. I've had no end of problems with the DPF in the Vauxhall I'm looking to chop in.thats always run on supermarket fuel.

If you don't mind me asking what type of driving do you do. Is it all long distance stuff or quite a few short journeys.

Kind regards.

Doug.

Seven and a half hour drive every 5 weeks. A few short 40 mile round trips in between, and often parked in the garage for weeks at a time ... a bit wasted really :)

Seven and a half hour drive every 5 weeks. A few short 40 mile round trips in between, and often parked in the garage for weeks at a time ... a bit wasted really :)
Quite a bit different than my driving habits then.
I have a 20 mile 30 minute commute to work, half motorway half A roads. I have an occasional long run and then some littering about. Maybe more research on DPFs is required.

Thanks once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom