W212 E220D Cab and 19" Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
mercedes benz e220 cabriolet
hi folk, I have a 2012 e220d cab currently on 235 45 17's. I've thought these wheels too small when you loo at the car in profile with the top down, it looks unbalanced, if you get what I mean. I bought a set of 5 spoke gunmetal 19's to swap over, but I'm in a quandry regarding tyres. I'm looking for some advice on what size would be best all round fit. Currently i'm favouring 255 35 19 all round, but have concerns over potential rubbing on the inside front wheel arches. I'm also open to having staggered sizes on front and rear.
If anyone would like to pass on info or advice it would be gratefully received.

I lodged a similar post a few months back, but didn't follow it through. Now I have the wheels, I'm taking my time with tyres and really open to all suggestions.
Thanks
frankie

What dimensions are the new 19" alloys?
ET should be 44 front and 48 rear for 8" front and 8,5" rears
Recommended tyre sizes are 235 x35x19 front and 255x30x19 rear on the staggered set up.

255 wide tyres on the front may well rub the arch or strut.

Thanks for the info, its precisely what I 'm looking for.
These are ET45.
I think these are 8.5 or 9. I'll need to find the receipt for them. If they are 9" does it cause a major problem? Can you tell I'm a novice at this?
I've attached a picture to see what they look like.

Attachments

• calibre wheels.jpg
    calibre wheels.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 0
May be tight with 9" wide on the front. The ET is fine.

Here are the specs for OEM wheels to fit your E class for comparisons.

This was discussed on the w212

But the cab is based on the c class chassis, so could be different again. I would suggest you measure clearance between your current set up and the strut, and it will likely give some clues about what might fit

I quite fancy the staggered set up. Could I get away with 265 on the rear? Happy with the rest of the recommendations though. I'll be starting to do some work on the car over the winter months, so would there be any issue in approaching you for info in future? I'm asking as I see what you are currently driving. The 220d wasn't the car that I was after, I would have preferred the E350, but I couldn't find a decent one within 250 miles of Dundee. The 220d was found less that 2 miles from homes, so bought it more for convenience than anything else. Apart from it having the pulling power of me in a night club, I feel it is very sluggish when putting the foot down on joining the motorway, so I'll be looking at ways to improve the overall performance of the car. Uprated/larger intercooler, larger turbo, coilover suspension maybe and then pulling it all together with a remap to get the best from what is, to be honest, a bit of an agricultural sounding engine.
Well, that's the plan this week.
In case you think "he's another boy racer dreamer," I'm actually 58 and just enjoy making a good basic car better.
Frankie

Surprise surprise! 19 8.5, so I think I'll go with the sizes suggested above. Thank you for your input, very much appreciated.
Frankie

Are they not staggered from factory?

I've got 245/40R18 front and 265/35R18 rear staggered 18s (obvs) on my E350

Same wheels as L80OUS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom