W212 E250 limp mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Starboii

Car
Mercedes E250 W212
I have a 2014 W212 E250 7G auto diesel with only 65k miles, owned the car for a solid year and has never caused me any problems until today.

This morning in traffic trying to set off from the lights, the car felt like it didn't want to move as it started to move at a snails pace. Managed to pull over safely and turned the car off and on again and it drove perfectly fine since. There was no engine light nothing on the dash whatsoever, coincidentally low fuel light did come on :doh: I thought I had ran out of fuel, but it wasn't that low as it still had around 45 miles.

Any ideas on what caused the limp mode? I will get the codes read if any stored. I'm just wanting to know if there's anybody that has experienced something similar and what the outcome was.

Prolly a clogged up dpf..

It has been doing lots of short trips lately, due to lockdown not been on motorway for a couple of months.
That's exactly how dpf gets clogged, get it on the motorway in 4th gear an floor it!

Scanned it with a cheap diagnostic tool, usually that brings up most of the engine fault codes on any cars (as it picked up faults on my W205).
There was no fault codes at all.

May just be the DPF clogging up as an early sign.

That's exactly how dpf gets clogged, get it on the motorway in 4th gear an floor it!
Tanked up with Shell V-Power and whole bottle of Wynns DPF cleaner into the tank.

Had it on 5th gear at 3k revs for a good 1hr on the motorway.
We shall see over the next few days if limp mode returns.

Been over a week and my full tank of Shell V-Power with Wynns DPF cleaner has now finished. My chrome tail pipes which are now black which am guessing is a good sign as it's gave the DPF a good clean out.
No limp mode ever since that one occasion.

Been over a week and my full tank of Shell V-Power with Wynns DPF cleaner has now finished. My chrome tail pipes which are now black which am guessing is a good sign as it's gave the DPF a good clean out.
No limp mode ever since that one occasion.
I can remember when I had the dpf gutted few years ago on my w212 e250 59 plate ha!

You need to get a ICarsoft MB2, my DPF was around 60% as only been used for short trips, within 6 miles up the motorway at 60 mph in auto, around 1500 rpm the car did a regen.

Ordinary Tesco fuel and no additives added.

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom