w212 E350 CDI BlueTEC remap?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Astonv12

Car
w219 CLS 350 CDi Grand Edition Palladium Silver
Hi All
I've just bought a late 2010 E350 CDI BlueTEC BlueTEC Sport Edition 125 7G-Tronic, and from what I can gather its got the weediest output of all the v6 diesels, according to Parkers mine has got 208 bhp.
To say I'm gutted is an understatement, but in all honesty the car felt quite a bit quicker than the bhp would suggest (although I know torque matters more once on the move), so...

Has anyone had one of these remapped? If so what sort of gains can I expect?

I've come from a tuned Mondeo 2.5t that was pushing almost 300bhp (uprated intercooler, remap, 200 cell cat etc etc) but I need a car that suits my business more, hence the Mercedes.

Any tuning tips would be appreciated... or am I best walking away from this one and searching for a more powerful model? :wallbash:

Hi All
I've just bought a late 2010 E350 CDI BlueTEC BlueTEC Sport Edition 125 7G-Tronic, and from what I can gather its got the weediest output of all the v6 diesels, according to Parkers mine has got 208 bhp.
To say I'm gutted is an understatement, but in all honesty the car felt quite a bit quicker than the bhp would suggest (although I know torque matters more once on the move), so...

Has anyone had one of these remapped? If so what sort of gains can I expect?

I've come from a tuned Mondeo 2.5t that was pushing almost 300bhp (uprated intercooler, remap, 200 cell cat etc etc) but I need a car that suits my business more, hence the Mercedes.

Any tuning tips would be appreciated... or am I best walking away from this one and searching for a more powerful model? :wallbash:

I'm not aware of any 350's that make 208hp. Have you looked at the MB website?

Parkers will only be as good as the guy/gal that typed the data in :crazy:.

I've done a quick Google and the BlueTEC is about the 210bhp mark - thats rubbish!!

Really do hope that's incorrect otherwise I feel I may have to walk away from this one - gutted :-(

What you got to take into account is the fact that it’s not just about big numbers in terms of BHP gains but most importantly it’s how the power/torque Is actually delivered and at what RPM range!

have you bought it already? They did indeed make a smaller output version. one of my friends bought one and only found out after!

I am certain 350CDIs are all 231bhp (for pre 2012) and 265bhp (for post 2012)

Not heard of bluetec engine either so maybe wrong here.

As above, remap will make a huge difference in the power delivery and lowdown torque.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom