W212 E350 Gearbox fun....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had an old Jag X-Type (2.2 Sport CDI, if there is such a thing...) and it had a stuck EGR, but was ok.
I had a Jag XF (3.0 Sport) and that was lovely, but the gearbox went mental and a few other things - but it didn't argue DPF.
The E350 has probably suffered "Lockdown-itus" in that I've been WFH for 1.5 years now, and only taking nipper to school about 2 miles up the road and back....whereas before I was doing 2 x 50+ mile commutes a day....
I am about to change jobs, and it's likely to get a good blat up the M6 once a week, so it won't be entirely sat....

I do like this car though, it's "rather nicely specced", just a shame it's not CAZ compliant in local Brum now... :\
I give ours a good Italian tune up on a regular basis and run it solely on premium diesel. The DPF sensor failing is, just a sensor failing outwith any control of mine.

Well, it's now thrown a P2453 (one digit difference), but driving ok - so it's going back again....

Change the sensor and I’m almost certain it’ll fix your issues like it did on mine.

Back again - it's now got the expected new DPF sensor, at £90 inc parts/labour/VAT.
No MIL lights as yet...

Back again - it's now got the expected new DPF sensor, at £90 inc parts/labour/VAT.
No MIL lights as yet...
It will be fine now. It makes a massive difference, my sensor was failing for a while. The new one transformed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom