W212 E350CDi thermostat.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

milleplod

Car
S212 E350CDi
My mate intended replacing the thermostat for me this morning. He'd got a Febi one. On taking the engine cover off....problem! The one on the car has an electrical sensor fitted to it, the Febi one doesn't.
We can't seem to find an aftermarket part that has the sensor. Has anyone sourced a sensor-equipped one other than from a main dealer?

Pete

Has the Febi one got the hole where it goes?

Has the Febi one got the hole where it goes?
No, just a clip in the casting for a small-diameter pipe - that's just where the sensor goes on the original one.
I've ordered one from the dealer anyway, can't be doing with faffing around with wrong parts! It'll be here on Monday.
The Febi one was £90, genuine one £130.

Pete

No, just a clip in the casting for a small-diameter pipe - that's just where the sensor goes on the original one.
I've ordered one from the dealer anyway, can't be doing with faffing around with wrong parts! It'll be here on Monday.
The Febi one was £90, genuine one £130.

Pete
Try to use some online catalogue to finding right part for your car, such like exist, elcats, partsouq.com

You may also need new seals for some of the turbo intake trunking which has to be removed to get the 'stat out.

January 2021 , id think he'd of sorted it by now 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom