W212 E63 2012 Front brake caliper, Make, seals PN's, Piston sizes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kris837

Car
W212 E63 AMG
Hi all, bit of info to pass on.

In one of my other posts, if anyone is following, I've had some issues with the front right wheel assembly being hotter than the left side.

I decided to try to find a caliper service kit after I found Mercedes didn't sell one... although they would sell me a new caliper at £900!!

I dismantled the caliper and gleaned the following... caveat, obviously it's up to you whether you use the info or not... refer to the manufacturer if you are not sure.

Turns out the caliper is made by Brembo, there's a discrete logo on the underside of the caliper.. I emailed them... answer...'contact Mercedes' for after sales service.

Piston sizes, 3 different sizes, Small, 31.9mm Dia, Medium, 33.9 Dia, Large, 37.9 dia.
All the pistons are 31.1 overall height, 24.6 sliding diameter height.
All the slider seals are 3.2mm square.
Dust seal PN's, Small 20.4872.42, medium 20.4872.43, Large 20.4872.45 all Brembo numbers on the seals.

Frentech, Brakebitz and Bigg red can supply seals (around £6 per piston), and should be able to supply the pistons (£10 each approx) BCR, do a 'service' at £150 for the pair delivered if you don't fancy doing it yourself....

I'll post a DIY 'how to' once I've done the other side and got a bit of time on my hands.

Not your thing? get the gold card out... for a £2000 spend, plus fitting.... £3000 total if you include the discs, £3400 total, if you add the pads as well!!!

Hope that's of use to someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom