W212 E63 2015 rear sag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Great result lot cheaper than airbags,now how much are they going to charge to fit a plastic airline :rolleyes:

They’re saying it’s 1.5 hours of labour to change the line so all in, including the diagnostics that they did it would be £453 and change. How does that sound price wise? The labour seems longer than I thought it would be but I haven’t done it before nor so I know what’s involved

Whilst they have the car I have decided to just go ahead and have the work carried out to reduce the strain on the air compressor. They are also checking to see if the aux battery can be replaced under warranty.

They’re saying it’s 1.5 hours of labour to change the line so all in, including the diagnostics that they did it would be £453 and change. How does that sound price wise? The labour seems longer than I thought it would be but I haven’t done it before nor so I know what’s involved
It sounds about right - mine was a lot cheaper but mine was an Indy at £75/hr labour. The air lines are quite cheap though there is a brass connector that is (relatively) expensive at about £40 for the Merc part. From memory the system does have to be calibrated after (using Star i assume). It's a relief to not have the car drop at all so even at £450 it's money well spent IMHO.

It sounds about right - mine was a lot cheaper but mine was an Indy at £75/hr labour. The air lines are quite cheap though there is a brass connector that is (relatively) expensive at about £40 for the Merc part. From memory the system does have to be calibrated after (using Star i assume). It's a relief to not have the car drop at all so even at £450 it's money well spent IMHO.
Yeah I think in this case the additional cost in labour makes my life easier having to not go to another garage, order the parts in, get picked up from the mrs and then dropped off once the work is carried out. Also, I don't want to stress the compressor anymore than it has been so as long as the car is perfect again I'll be happy. Also having a little car meet with friends on Saturday, driving up to Caffeine and Machine so want the car to be spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom