W212 e63 5.5 bi turbo exhaust mods

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

L13DOP

Car
E63 amg bi turbo
Hi all newbie here!

I picked up my 2015 e63 5.5tt yesterday, it’s completely standard and I love it, noise is unreal and performance is great...

Just curious as I have been looking into maybe removing the secondary cats to get that extra bit of volume, I’ve searched here to see if any threads about any exhaust mods but couldn’t see one apart from the 6.2 w212 thread.

has anybody got a completely bone stock e63 5.5tt with only the secondary cats removed so I can see what it sounds like, heard people saying they have removed the secondary cats and resonators and others say the secondary cats are the only resonators etc etc so would rather ask for myself.

Any help would be appreciated 💪🏼
👀Pics below👀

Attachments

• 29E1EAFD-5DD9-4B3F-8112-75B5F427252A.jpeg
    29E1EAFD-5DD9-4B3F-8112-75B5F427252A.jpeg
    908.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 6F2604FD-C440-49CA-AFCB-7B8158987EE4.jpeg
    6F2604FD-C440-49CA-AFCB-7B8158987EE4.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 16
Not sure about the 2015 car but when I had mine (2013) there were only one set of cats fitted from the factory.

If you were to remove these (I replaced mine with Weistec front pipes) then yes, it will be louder, but you'll need the lambda sensors mapping out to avoid the check engine light coming on. I'd suggest replacing the standard cats with a sport one. Available from various outlets and should give you the sound you're after without making it too loud. The central resonator can also be deleted/replaced with an H pipe but there are conflicting reports on the benefits of this. I liked it, others not so much.

Dave above is correct. There are no secondary cats on an E63 Biturbo. I had the resonator removed and straight piped. Its made the car very vocal when on the throttle hard but not anti social as some with downpipes and resonator removed can be.
Here is a short clip of mine with resonator removed. It was recorded before I had the car remapped which has made it louder, especially on a cold start.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Edit....... Your second photo may be from a 6.2n/a E63. Its certainly not a photo of the biturbo resonator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom