W212 E63 6.2 rear suspension thud noise when going over any little road imperfections.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350cls

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55k AMG Sold / S211 E320 CDI I6 W212 E63 6.2 N/A saloon.
So I have been feeling and hearing a like thud noise from the rear of the car it's the near side rear. Can not hear the noise from the drivers rear. It seems just passenger side. Going over any road inperfection or little pot holes getting this thud type noise. Wasn't obvious before so something definitely not right. The car lowers and doesn't drop over night at all. No obvious leaks looking around the rear suspension.

Arb drop link?

Got it booked in with indie I use so hopefully can find out what the problem is. :thumb:

This noise would be relevant on most cars. Same happened to me recently with the Honda Type R. Wife driving car last few months and decided to tell me on way to service / MoT.

Suggested she avoids pot holes.

I think there’s a known issue with the rear damper top mountings - could be worth a look Tom?

I think there’s a known issue with the rear damper top mountings - could be worth a look Tom?
Appreciated Will, thanks I'll try and take a look before it goes in on Thursday. Removal of the boot interior I imagine to look at the top of the mount.

All sorted, nsr shock absorber fitted, got that lovely cushioned new shock absorber feel back once again. Happy outcome 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom