W212 E63 6.3 original wheel colour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IMG-20210208-WA0012.jpegIMG-20210208-WA0001.jpegIMG-20210208-WA0000.jpeg

A few more with less snow ❄️👍

Considering the condition they were in, i am happy with the outcome and glad I went the original colour on the wheels.

Any tips for keeping the wheels in tip top condition. Like a wax/ polish or type of product one can recommend?

Thanks

I need to do give the wheel bolts a rub down and paint the tips. I assume the paint will peel off over time with tightening and realeasing the bolts but it will tidy up the rust look for a while.

Looks like a tidy job on the wheels and callipers, although my OCD can’t deal with the decals/stickers on the calipers!

Regards the wheel bolts, Hammerite Silver (smooth spray) - clean the bolts up and pop them in a piece of card, a couple of light coats will be fine. They should last for a few years like that - and easy to reapply if needed in the future :thumb:

I would look for a decent wheel sealant/coating to make the wheels easier to clean and to protect the finish - road salt is not kind to the diamond cut finish.

The calipers on the car had decals on them previous to the new colour. So I asked the wheel refurbishment co to add them this time also. I personally like them 😁👍.

Yeah, I have hammerite in mind. One bolt at a time from each wheel, will do the trick.

I'll lol into the wheel protection products 👍

The calipers on the car had decals on them previous to the new colour. So I asked the wheel refurbishment co to add them this time also. I personally like them 😁👍.

Yeah, I have hammerite in mind. One bolt at a time from each wheel, will do the trick.

I'll lol into the wheel protection products 👍

Look into I meant 🥴

Yep they all come with the AMG lettering on from the factory. It’s only a minor detail, but the AMG logo changed around about the same year as your car. The ‘A’ is slanted where it meets the ‘M’

Also the OE logos are usually curved to the shape of the caliper.

Have a look at your old pics and you’ll see what I mean, or compare to the style of the logo on the rim of the wheels :)

Yep they all come with the AMG lettering on from the factory. It’s only a minor detail, but the AMG logo changed around about the same year as your car. The ‘A’ is slanted where it meets the ‘M’

Also the OE logos are usually curved to the shape of the caliper.

Have a look at your old pics and you’ll see what I mean, or compare to the style of the logo on the rim of the wheels :)

It makes no odds as I've gone with a "none" AMG colour on the calipers anyhow. So it's not like Ive missed the trick 😉. I like it so thats all that matters 👍😁

Could always get some of these when the current ones peel or wear

Last edited:
Nice job on the wheel refurb. They look great.
Not a fan of the green calipers though, but as long as you like them that's all that matters.

Thank you.

The company that refurbished the wheels. These wheels were in a bad condition, I'm very happy with the outcome. I have read up quite a bit on the diamond cut. It's a guarantee they will get white worm over an amount of time. This weather certainly isn't going to help. But that's the risk with diamond cut finish. Do you have an opinion on the standard of work on the calipers or are you just enquiring. I've never had calipers refurbished before. So it's all new to me.
Not had any done either but I have a set which require a little sprucing up.

I knew the caliper change in colour wouldn't be to everyone's liking but I fancied something different and I think it looks rather good. Not to everyone's Taste but it's not your car to spew over its mine lol 😂👍. Time will tel if the colour fades or the condition changes but up close the quality of the work looks really good. And Green is one of my favourite colours👍

I'm really happy I decided to go with the original wheel finish. Also happy I went with the personal caliper colour change. So far they have remained in great condition, no discolouring or white worm appearing.

IMG-20210428-WA0006.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom