W212 E63 AMG advice and questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am in the market for an E63 (face lift) so reading some of these replies is a bit worrying. Is a remap likely to result in issues?
Take note of what E55BOF is saying in Post#18. He has been there and done it.
For what its worth, I wouldn't go anywhere else other than MSL for the remap. Those companies still boasting big numbers (700+) have not turned down the map to protect the engine. MSL now quote 660-670 having reduced the boost to do just that. If you want big numbers, it can still be done, but I prefer to err on the side of caution having read Dennis's experience with his E63 wagon.
I 've had my remap for almost a year and haven't experienced a single issue, but I don't drive it hard. You don't need to;)

Whatever you choose to do, its a nice step up from the 55 you had before. You won't regret it.

Take note of what E55BOF is saying in Post#18. He has been there and done it.
For what its worth, I wouldn't go anywhere else other than MSL for the remap. Those companies still boasting big numbers (700+) have not turned down the map to protect the engine. MSL now quote 660-670 having reduced the boost to do just that. If you want big numbers, it can still be done, but I prefer to err on the side of caution having read Dennis's experience with his E63 wagon.
I 've had my remap for almost a year and haven't experienced a single issue, but I don't drive it hard. You don't need to;)

Whatever you choose to do, its a nice step up from the 55 you had before. You won't regret it.
I wouldn't be going anywhere other than MSL. They know the cars better than me, and know them better than most. I don't drive my cars that hard as it is, but it would be good to know that I have that extra oomph!

I assume that the facelift W212 is the better car?

I assume that the facelift W212 is the better car?
IMO yes it is. The re-designed rear end looks so much better and I also prefer the front end.
There are others that prefer the pre facelift. A lot will depend on your budget.

Horses for courses... I'm one of those who prefers the 'traditional' Mercedes look, and mine was a late pre-facelift with the 550 bhp Biturbo and the multi-slatted grille. The facelift's front end in particular sinks, not floats, my boat.

The S211's looks beat any later model's hands down...

I actually prefer the pre- facelift rear quarter, it looks more aggressive imo, more muscular. And I like the pre facelift front end dual headlights and slatted grille.

I'm a big pre-facelift fan too but I'm biased as I already own one, albeit not an AMG......yet.....

I would only take it to MSL if I got one remapped. Part of the plan when getting one is to remap though.

I note you're in Bicester, not very far from me in Aylesbury.
Not far at all. I totally agree MSL would be top of my list for sure. I imagine it could help when coming to sell it as well.

i have a 2012 pre-facelift E63 & personally prefer the front end - there's something special about seeing that bonnet emblem way out in front....love it..
Minor i know but i also don't like the clock on the centre consol - looks much better along side the speedo & outher guages - less cluttered in my opinion.

Having owned 2 pre facelift E63's I'll add a couple of items to watch for. First is corroding brake pipes as I've heard a few cases now of them needing replacement at the back and the other is the old oil in the loom issue that does happen on the E63 with oil getting in at the sensors and travelling up the loom to the ECU!

Was there ever any w212 e63s supplied with 4matic in the uk? Or was that purely for the us?

The issue is that the forward drive shaft fouls the steering gear for RHD.

Was there ever any w212 e63s supplied with 4matic in the uk? Or was that purely for the us?
As above, not in the UK.
Resolved by getting a 213 which is 4matic in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom