W212 E63 BT is what it ended up being........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MOR8A

Car
W212 E63 PPP AMG
So there will be a few people who were involved in my long and painful pondering over the replacement for my old E55K, just thought I would let you know that I stayed with Merc and went for an W212 E63 Bi-Turbo with PPP.

Dont forget the pics ;)

To be honest I have not got a clue how to load them :dk:

A comparison would be good - I've never driven an E55K and respect it's legendary status, but I can't see it being as rapid as the later evolution of the bi-turbo.

What say you?

A comparison would be good - I've never driven an E55K and respect it's legendary status, but I can't see it being as rapid as the later evolution of the bi-turbo.

What say you?

I agree totally. The technology is 10 years newer for a start.
I'd imagine the way the power is delivered to be totally different too.
The Bi turbo is on my wish list when I eventually let the E55 go.

To be honest I have not got a clue how to load them :dk:

Open a Photobucket account and just open and paste the url of the photo you want to post into the image box above (hover the mouse over the image of the envelope above and it says "insert image"

What say you?

I flipin well hope it's better / an improvement as it would be one epic car. It's most probably my next move so hoping for big things.

What say you?

Well I have only had the car one day so its a bit early to tell all the differences (obviously). The standard E55K was almost silent out of the factory (a very poor choice by merc in my opinion) So I had work done on my old car to make it sound how it should have done to start with. I was very shocked when starting the E63 as to how loud it is on the initial start and warm up phase. The E63 feels more solid on the road, difficult to explain as the E55K was hardly a lightweight but was lighter. The thicker steering wheel is beautiful and feels very meaningful/purposeful. It feels more planted on the road, again perhaps due to weight, but it can't all just be the weight. I guess it's moved on, an evolution, so it should feel more up to date and it does, more sporty, more alert, sharper and this is taking nothing away from the E55K, it was and still is an epic machine for which I have the utmost respect, it will always hold a special place in my heart. I have not fully squeezed the loud pedal yet but it is clearly a more rapid car than my old car (which was no slouch at all). The one thing I never liked about the E55K was the SBC braking system, it did a great job of stopping the car but was noisy and intrusive.............going out in a minute so will have to do more another time.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom