W212 E63 Carbon Ceramic Brake Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aka$h

MB Enthusiast
Car
Anything with a 3 Pointed Star!
Firstly I'd need a normal set of E63 brakes in exchange but I have a full set of carbon ceramic brakes for a w/s212. Massive stopping power and said to last 300,000 km.
Got a be worth while to someone with a weistec supercharged e63?

Morning,

What car are they off, year and model please? I may be interested if they'd fit on mine.

Oh, and take the mileage claims with a pinch of salt. :) They don't wear like steel but they do tend to lose integrity and strength.

They are off a 2010 w212, but this would only be suitable for someone with a similar vehicle as I'd need to return the car to standard.

Cheers for the info.

Mine wouldn't fit yours as it has the floating discs on it.

Ah well, never mind. :)

I've got a healthy pair of 2pc front floating discs, non-lipped etc

How much do you want for these ceramic ones? Are you doing the gold calipers as part of the deal? I have Red PP calipers.

Celicasaur said:
I've got a healthy pair of 2pc front floating discs, non-lipped etc How much do you want for these ceramic ones? Are you doing the gold calipers as part of the deal? I have Red PP calipers.

image-4010631792.jpg

Yes it would be front and rear discs, pads and calipers.

lovely upgrade, I'm in the same boat as dave and have floating discs on my 2013 facelift.

Why does it make any difference whether you're starting off with floating discs or not?

Surely you're swapping out both the discs and calipers? Or is the hub mounting different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turns out that they're not actually floating but just machined to look that way.

Steve Maxwell mentioned this to me so I whipped a front one off yesterday to check. Should be a straightforward swap over.

I take Dave is all over this with all that power?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom