W212 e63 - Coolant temperature warning light under normal driving conditions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
See post 2!........;)
ha i know you were on to something there! I'll see what PCS say and what they would quote. It is quite a bit further of a drive and I worry it will happen again on the way so may take the hit at Guildford. It's obviously a bit cost but I do like ensuring my cars are absolutely pristine cosmetically and mechanically.

I use DDR in Ashtead, they're a great honest bunch and do a lot of AMGs. They've looked after a 6.2l and 5.5TT for me.

If you don't have a good OBD reader that'd be my recommendation to have one for the future should you ever have a fault code pop up in the middle of a drive, you can immediately check if it just a stored code or an ongoing fault

Thanks everybody. Giving the codes (that pinpointed the fan) I think I'm just going to replace the fan for now and monitor the car moving forward. I've also asked Merc to quote me for the 4 x camshaft position sensors and 4 x camshaft electromagnets parts as a seperate sunday afternoon driveway job!

Hi All,

For those of you who may be interested, she's running tremendous after the fan replacement! On the highway at cruising speed I get 92/92 oil and coolant temps consistently which is a start contrast to the 102-105 I was getting for both temps before.

So if you are seeing similar temps, maybe it is time to get that fan replaced!

Thanks again for all of you that helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom