W212 E63 Extended warranty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
Would you?
At that price, I won't:wallbash:

12 MONTHS COVER
Mercedes-Benz Extended Warranty
Excess: £0
£2875.00 one-off
Select this product

24 MONTHS COVER
£5700.00 one-off
Select this product

All prices include Insurance Premium Tax (IPT)

No Roger, I didn’t either.

ISTR that the price was about a grand lower for 12 months if you took it out to run consecutively with the original manufacture's warranty. Still more than I was willing to pay.

I probably saved myself a lot of money by having no aftermarket warranty on the 55
It could have gone wrong for me, but that engine never felt like it would break.

Consumables I can cope with, but the conrod design on the M157 and tuned as well isn't small change if it goes wrong (ask E55 BOF)
But the sum MB are asking for isn't worth it, and I doubt they would entertain engine problems on a remapped biturbo anyway.
Knowing 3 owners here having engines destroying themselves is always in the back of my mind.

I probably saved myself a lot of money by having no aftermarket warranty on the 55
It could have gone wrong for me, but that engine never felt like it would break.

Consumables I can cope with, but the conrod design on the M157 and tuned as well isn't small change if it goes wrong (ask E55 BOF)
But the sum MB are asking for isn't worth it, and I doubt they would entertain engine problems on a remapped biturbo anyway.
Knowing 3 owners here having engines destroying themselves is always in the back of my mind.
Three M157??

When I looked at extending my warranty I got a lower price quote when I rang them than what the website gave me.
Give them a ring and see what they quote you. Don't mention you've all ready got a quote of the system

I know it’s of no use to yourself Roger but it’s one of the reasons I feel some of the approved used AMG cars from MB are decent value, as you get the two year warranty included in the price.

It’s not just the engine that’s covered don’t forget either.

But yes, in your example I don’t think I would pay that. As you’d suggest with the mods and remap they possibly wouldn’t cover the engine anyway to be fair.

It always used to be that when the car passes 60k miles that the Mercedes warranty got really expensive. Not sure if that’s still the case.

I can buy a good daily beater for less than those warranty prices 😀

Assuming those warranty prices allow MB to cover their pay outs, what does that say about MB reliability and quality?

I can buy a good daily beater for less than those warranty prices 😀

Assuming those warranty prices allow MB to cover their pay outs, what does that say about MB reliability and quality?
Probably more significant is the cost of repairs (parts and labour) than reliability for cars costing c.£70/80k+ new.

If a car only costs £10/20k new it’s likely to be cheaper to repair? Less to go wrong, cheaper parts etc? :thumb:

There is a point now I believe that Mercedes will no longer warranty a car, something like 10 years I think

There is a point now I believe that Mercedes will no longer warranty a car, something like 10 years I think
This was my experience earlier this year. Could only extend for part year up to its 10th birthday so didn't bother. Mileage only 56k and the warranty price wasn't bad but they have to stop at some point I suppose

The more I pay, the better quality and reliability I demand.

A consequence of being built to a price not a standard ?

The more I pay, the better quality and reliability I demand.

A consequence of being built to a price not a standard ?
A bit of both, when you consider that more expensive cars are often far more complex, there’s usually as much chance of them needing repairs than a cheaper less complex vehicle, even if the built quality was identical. So even if better built they may need repairs just as often as a cheaper, more basic model.

And typical faults eg batteries, electrical sensors can affect any vehicle that uses those parts. I don’t think you can prevent all faults from occurring in reality.

I think most modern cars are pretty well built. Breakdowns themselves are quite rare, and I guess as per the ‘satisfaction surveys’ it’s expectations that matter to customers. If you only paid £10k for a car you probably wouldn’t complain about the odd rattle or repair needed under warranty, someone spending £80k would likely be quite cheesed off.

The quality of the customer service/support is probably as important as the quality of the car for this very reason, but ideally you want both! :)

Probably not as much as it says about their desire to make money ;)

Bear in mind that I was quoted roughly half the price Roger posted on the 1-year cover for my E63 if it ran consecutively with the original factory warranty, and that they would have priced that to make a profit, they are clearly trading heavily on FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) regarding running what was a £70k car out of warranty.

Everyone understandably fears the £12k blown engine repair, but the reality is that those bills are extremely rare and most warranty policies will provide no benefit to the buyer other than a warm fuzzy feeling.

Even after market warranties are not interested in a car over 10 year old.

I couldn't renew the one I had on my early 59 plate w212 63.

Would you?
At that price, I won't:wallbash:

12 MONTHS COVER
£2875.00 one-off
Select this product

24 MONTHS COVER
£5700.00 one-off
Select this product

All prices include Insurance Premium Tax (IPT)
Wow! Just been quoted £400/yr excess 0 Extended MB on C350e 66 plate 48k is it worth going for it,any comments please?

Wow! Just been quoted £400/yr excess 0 Extended MB on C350e 66 plate 48k is it worth going for it,any comments please?
Yes, I believe so. I paid £850 for a two-year cover on my C330h, and it just had a new manifold installed by my local dealership to address a recurring swirl flap error.

£400 at a reasonably-price inde doesn't buy you a huge amount these days.

Only needs one larger ticket item to fail and you've sunk more than that, especially from a main dealer.

Bit of a bargain...

You don't have to get your car serviced with MB unless you happen to anyway.

The Bentley three year warranty expired in December, they wanted £3875.00 for a years extended warranty :rolleyes:

I am aware of the Bentley's so called unreliable reputation, so i guess i better keep my fingers crossed :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom