w212 E63 front grille replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Squirtydog

Car
2011 E63 wagon
Hi,
The answer may be simple - go OEM. But, has anyone fitted an aftermarket, original design front grille and found them to be good quality?
The reason I ask is that someone has done this to mine...
Broken Grille.jpg
The car had this aftermarket grille when I bought it, but I think I'd like to return it to the standard. I'll put the bonnet star back on then.
There seem to be a few on eBay at around the £150 ish mark.
Has anyone fitted a good quality aftermarket grille or do I stick with one from Mercedes at over twice the price?
Thanks,
Ian

Grille missing the central emblem, you could (not sure you would :confused:) buy another a replacement.

Grille missing the central emblem, you could (not sure you would :confused:) buy another a replacement.
Thanks Asal. The damage is actually more than that. The whole lower edge is broken and the housing for the emblem is in pieces.
I’ve been looking around on ebay and there are a lot of aftermarket grilles for sale. The one that is on at the moment is aftermarket but is of good quality so I’m taking a punt.
I found a large on line dealer who seems to be selling the same items as are on eBay and I hopefully have a stock design grille and OEM badge on the way, all in for £100.
Best Merc price I could get was £320 so worth a shot.

Aftermarket grilles are typically flimsy. I’d look for a second hand OEM grille on eBay.

Thanks Asal. The damage is actually more than that. The whole lower edge is broken and the housing for the emblem is in pieces.
I’ve been looking around on ebay and there are a lot of aftermarket grilles for sale. Many seem to have a common manufacturer part number which I think is Prasco
Aftermarket grilles are typically flimsy. I’d look for a second hand OEM grille on eBay.
Thanks for the advice. It is on its way now. Statutory 14 day return as it is online. I’ll have a good check over once it arrives.

7008DC6F-47CC-4A25-B8DF-00A880D7E6E5.jpeg
£80 delivered
10 minutes to fit.
Seems fine to me. I’ll see how well it lasts. But at 1/4 the Mercedes price I’m very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom