W212 e63 gearbox failure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kalvin928

Car
S205 C63s , Lotus Carlton replica, CLK 200 Kompressor
Hi everyone just to enlighten anyone who encounters similar issue .. unlikely but here goes.... Around february time i noticed a slight hesitancy in gears when pulling away... Made no difference if car was hot/ cold ... Anyway have read various forums and presumed it was just an issue I had to live with. Anyway in March i decided on a drive down the A40 and car drove perfect... As soon as pulled off into Hillingdon and had to stop at traffic light cars the cut out.... It would only start when in neutral/ park and after quickly engaging gear i put my foot down i managed to driveit and drove fine with no undue noises etc and managed to park up and wait for recovery... Car is now at Wayne Gates and due to their workload they have just started on the car...they have never experienced such an issue and its either wet clutch related or something is a miss in the box... Only bit of good news is there is no metal fragments observed when box was drained... Anyway now waiting for fault diagnosis and getting car back on road ASAP especially with good weather !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom