W212 E63. Pre-facelift with M157.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jukie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MY11 E350 CDi Avantgarde
E63 with Performance Pack and Driver Assist pack

Reasonable miles, uncommon colour (one of the greys), sure I've seen it before, either on Ebay or Autotrader.

Pretty clean MOT history too. No failures, just advisories about pads ('17 & '18) and tyres (fronts '19 and rears this year).

Looks very tidy that, great photos too.

I didn’t realise the pre facelift got 585bhp via PP though, thought that was only the facelift “S”?

I didn’t realise the pre facelift got 585bhp via PP though, thought that was only the facelift “S”?
I understood the pre facelift Biturbo has an extra 35bhp over the non PP taking it up to 560bhp.
I've been wrong before though;)

Looks a nice car D. About time you bought one!
I'd expect that to go to £18 -19k max as a private sale.

It didn't; it had 550 bhp (well, mine had) as standard, but also about 100 lb ft more torque than the non-PP car. It din't arf go, guv...

The speed limiter is raised to 186 mph, not 190, as part of the PP.

Love the colour

Looks like a nice example.

FWIW, having had both a PPP pre-facelift car and a “regular” facelift one, while the PPP car definitely had more power and torque and would have beaten the facelift car in a drag race, it was difficult to notice the additional performance on the road. For bragging down the pub, it was a different matter...

I understood the pre facelift Biturbo has an extra 35bhp over the non PP taking it up to 560bhp.
I've been wrong before though;)

Looks a nice car D. About time you bought one!
I'd expect that to go to £18 -19k max as a private sale.
£17099.

Was belatedly advertised on Autotrader late Friday for £19,999 as a trade sale. Same photos used.

No. Wanted to ask some questions but never got a reply and wasn't brave (or daft?) enough to buy "blind".

Back up on eBay as a classified as for £19,995.

E63

I wonder if the auction was subject to shill bidding? No mention in the new advert about why the auction fell through.

No feedback left by the eBay seller for a non-paying bidder, either. If somebody let me down like that, I'd leave appropriate feedback if the bidder was genuine.

eBay is cruel, but it tells you what something is actually worth; or in this case, isn't...

Is it just me who despairs at spelling mistakes and poor grammar in an advert?
There are four in the short ad the new owner has put in the new eBay listing.
Using the same photos is just lazy.

No. Wanted to ask some questions but never got a reply and wasn't brave (or daft?) enough to buy "blind".
Good to hear. I had a feeling it was going to be advertised again. My initial thoughts when first seeing the advert and pictures wasn’t as positive as some of the comments above. It may be a very decent car though, but would need viewing and like you said questions answering before deciding what it’s worth, or even worth making an offer on.

Is it just me who despairs at spelling mistakes and poor grammar in an advert?
There are four in the short ad the new owner has put in the new eBay listing.
Using the same photos is just lazy.
I appreciate that for many, English is not their first language but like you I rail against poor spelling and grammar, wherever they occur. Such errors are avoidable with relative ease.

Don't forget chaps, if any one is looking for a similar E63 Bryan Allman's is still available. A car I have been in quite a few times and can vouch for. Truly astonishing performance for the money. You might want to check the classifieds again :)

KR Matt :thumb:

No feedback left by the eBay seller for a non-paying bidder, either. If somebody let me down like that, I'd leave appropriate feedback if the bidder was genuine.

eBay is cruel, but it tells you what something is actually worth; or in this case, isn't...
If the sale did genuinely fall through, once the seller cancels the sale eBay won’t allow you to leave feedback for a non payer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom