W212 E63. Pre-facelift with M157.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't forget chaps, if any one is looking for a similar E63 Bryan Allman's is still available. A car I have been in quite a few times and can vouch for. Truly astonishing performance for the money. You might want to check the classifieds again :)

KR Matt :thumb:

Bryan and I have been in communication.........

Not a bad price for a Biturbo wagon, but that can of oil wouldn't inspire confidence in the car.

Cheap oil too, I think. Not necessarily a bad thing, but not a good sign either. I'd not use anything but a premium oil in a chipped 5.5 BT. Oil cheap, engines expensive...

I wouldn't use anything but a premium oil in any AMG, mapped or not.
I thought Millers was supposed to be a good oil Rog?

Oil on show not necessarily a bad thing. M157’s use oil at between 800-2500 miles per litre, many below 1500 miles. Millers is decent, any oil is better than no oil.

More concerning is the mention of none documented fairly recent and recent servicing, so that may have been done or may not. If it has been done then it may only be an oil / filter change, of which some people think this deserves a tick in the service book, it may be that previous garages used can validate a service but sounds doubtful.

Final watch out on all early M157’s is to check if there are any timing chain related issues. Did the car have any MB work done early in it’s life to have the issue rectified, if not has it had issues later in life that have now been resolved with timing chains and associated parts replaced? If neither, then I would request a scan be done to check historical codes. However, I would also be cautious that the issue could have been coded out, wouldn’t be the first time and cars have been sold like this in the past. Regardless, there is always a risk on an early M157 that the timing chains will need doing at some point in its life, so factor that in.

I like this one...

Come on Gav, keep up at the back! ;) You will soon change your mind if you read this! It has been discussed a couple of time on here.

Sorry for the thread hi jack @jukie

Come on Gav, keep up at the back! ;) You will soon change your mind if you read this! It has been discussed a couple of time on here.

No problem, Abb :)

lol I'm not in the Market bud for changing the s211 atm

Reactions: Abb
If it's been chipped it's more likely to have one or more bent conrods than a standard car...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom