W212 E63 S wagon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pistonman

Car
Mercedes C63
Recently started looking for a w212 E63 estate. Ideally a S model is what I want. Saloon is not an option for me. There are currently two S models listed, one which is on piston heads and one in the link I have posted. Car in the link has covered 61k miles with a full history which is all confirmed. However the car has no record of the discs being done and the pads were last done at 32k miles in 2021 according to the history. Upon receiving a video from the dealer it’s evident that front pads are well past 75% used and the rears are more or less at the end and rear discs seem to have a visible lip. To top things off they have just replaced all four tyres with a set of Khumo ditch finders 🤦‍♂️. The dealer is not really too interested in moving on price. Where do you guys think would be a good price for this car. The car has been listed since June/July. Thanks

Auto Trader UK - New and Used Cars For Sale

Last edited:
Good choice :thumb: I still miss mine which was the same colour combination Obsidian Black/Crystal grey interior. ( Check my gallery pics in the link below my post)
I think the price isn't far away as its an S model but the miles aren't particularly low. Pads aren't too dear for the E63 nor the rear discs although the fronts are a bit pricey. I can recommend getting Powerstop Ceramic pads from Rock Auto in the USA. Really inexpensive and no dust.
As its been on sale awhile I'd offer £33k and let them sweat for a few days. Use the pads and discs as a bargaining tool.
The Kumho tyres aren't ditchfinders but mid price and one of the brands that Mercedes actually fit to new cars.
But first chance, get Michelin MPS4's or Goodyear Asymmetic 6's on.
They are a great car, plenty of power and torque and with a few mods are laugh out loud fun.
Good luck.

As Roger says, Khumo are not Michelin's, granted, but as a brand, they are far from ditch finders.

If the pads and discs are still not completely worn through, or out, does that suggest it's been driven less aggressively than others...?

As Roger says, Khumo are not Michelin's, granted, but as a brand, they are far from ditch finders.

If the pads and discs are still not completely worn through, or out, does that suggest it's been driven less aggressively than others...?
I had to change my front and rear pads before 30k miles. The discs were beginning to lip as well but I sold it shortly afterwards.

Seems to be a well cared for car. Was just disappointed to see that the owner had cheaped out on the tyres on a fairly powerful car. To be honest I’m surprised it’s still sitting there would have thought it would have been bought by now. Most of them E63’s for sale have been up for some time without any movement. Is this suggesting they are just over priced? A non S model went for £22,470 the other day on CC but turns out that had front end damage and the winning bidder has withdrawn from the sale

Last edited:
Go and see it. It's only a couple of hours away.

Is it all as described? Sellers sometimes... over describe. How do you feel about it?

The tyres? People choose tyres for lots of different reasons. The real question is what does the whole service history tell you about how its been maintained If you really don't trust the tyres, just change them.

If you want it, tell him - eye to eye - what you're prepared to pay and let him make the decision whether to accept while you're stood there. It's a rare seller than turns down a close offer when it's right in front of him. Turning down a low telephone offer is easy, a face to face offer: not so much.

He's had it for three months - he'd love to have your money to buy something else and there are lots of trade-ins around looking for new homes.

Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 00.16.21.png

Go and see it. It's only a couple of hours away.

Is it all as described? Sellers sometimes... over describe. How do you feel about it?

The tyres? People choose tyres for lots of different reasons. The real question is what does the whole service history tell you about how its been maintained If you really don't trust the tyres, just change them.

If you want it, tell him - eye to eye - what you're prepared to pay and let him make the decision whether to accept while you're stood there. It's a rare seller than turns down a close offer when it's right in front of him. Turning down a low telephone offer is easy, a face to face offer: not so much.

He's had it for three months - he'd love to have your money to buy something else and there are lots of trade-ins around looking for new homes.

View attachment 148088
The history adds up I contacted the servicing dealers and they confirmed it’s been done. As I mentioned there is no note of the discs ever being done, when I questioned it the seller said he’s retailing it on behalf of a customer and said there is apparently a invoice for the disc having been done which I still have not recieved. However he did forward me a video showing the pads and discs and they all are visibly at the end of their life and were also an advisory in the last mot in July. Soo I’m factoring this all in. I will have another discussion with the chap. Just want sure of the price point. The other S listed on piston heads seems a lovely car but is not in the colour I want and is also 2 years older and 3k higher in price

The history adds up I contacted the servicing dealers and they confirmed it’s been done. As I mentioned there is no note of the discs ever being done, when I questioned it the seller said he’s retailing it on behalf of a customer and said there is apparently a invoice for the disc having been done which I still have not recieved. However he did forward me a video showing the pads and discs and they all are visibly at the end of their life and were also an advisory in the last mot in July. Soo I’m factoring this all in. I will have another discussion with the chap. Just want sure of the price point. The other S listed on piston heads seems a lovely car but is not in the colour I want and is also 2 years older and 3k higher in price
For sure, I understand all that.

Simplifying what I said, if you want a lower price, stand in front of him and tell him exactly what you're prepared to pay.

IMHO You're more likely to close a deal face to face.

Personally, I've never looked at a car which didn't have some kind of problem which wasn't described in the listing, but maybe that's just me. If you're happy with that description, then fine.

Nice motor! 😎🙂👍

Thank you for your email, I could do £33,250 on the car.

As described? Well it doesn’t have the dynamic seats listed in the ‘Extra Features’.
It doesn’t have the dynamic seats or cooling seats in that fact. It does have 360 degree cameras, amg night pack, nappa silk leather (well that’s what Mercedes seem to call it), privacy glass, pano roof Soo not highly specced but adequate

They have a £730k car for sale hence will not be desperate to shift the amg.
You, of all people, know that no-one goes broke by making lots of slightly smaller profits rather than waiting much longer for a a few slightly larger profits.

This thing hasn’t found a buyer through three months of summer, and prices soften as the days get shorter.

It’s a rare seller who doesn’t expect some kind of negotiation to get it sold. A £750 price offer? 2.2% off? Barely scrapes the surface.

If the car was worth £34k, this “promo thread” would have got it sold already. (Not that I’m suggesting that pistonman might be the seller.)

Last edited:
You, of all people, know that no-one goes broke by making lots of slightly smaller profits rather than waiting much longer for a a few slightly larger profits.

This thing hasn’t found a buyer through three months of summer, and prices soften as the days get shorter.

It’s a rare seller who doesn’t expect some kind of negotiation to get it sold. A £750 price offer? 2.2% off? Barely scrapes the surface.

If the car was worth £34k, this “promo thread” would have got it sold already. (Not that I’m suggesting that pistonman might be the seller.)
I can assure you I’m not the seller!! I was merely trying to guage people’s thoughts. Precisely my thoughts as to why this car is still hanging around.

If it was me, I'd save £7/8k and get a non S, then add the extras after. E.g. there's a '15 plate with 53k miles listed at £27k that's already had all discs and pads done recently. Go to MSL and get a diff and a remap for I imagine less than £2.5k and you have 100bhp more than the S and saved yourself a fortune in the process.

If it was me, I'd save £7/8k and get a non S, then add the extras after. E.g. there's a '15 plate with 53k miles listed at £27k that's already had all discs and pads done recently. Go to MSL and get a diff and a remap for I imagine less than £2.5k and you have 100bhp more than the S and saved yourself a fortune in the process.
Yes anll valid points, only thing is I just don’t want to mess around with maps etc and would rather keep it original, soo figured try finding the best possible variant with the highest power output from factory. I think I will be making a trip to go and view in person

Yes anll valid points, only thing is I just don’t want to mess around with maps etc and would rather keep it original, soo figured try finding the best possible variant with the highest power output from factory. I think I will be making a trip to go and view in person
Yes fair enough. Personally I think there's very little extra risk from a mild map from the experts, but totally understand.

Good luck 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom