W212 eclass front suspension change.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kendog91

Car
W212 E220 CDI AMG SPORT
Has anybody changed their front suspension components? I.e. control arm, track rods and struts.

My eclass has done around 158k (majority motor way miles) and its on my mind about changing them, I do alot of miles for work and needs to be reliable. I'm trying to get an estimate cost of the parts or if there is a full kit available.

Are you looking to diy it ? There are quite a few YT vids out showing what’s involved, not complicated, mainly from the USA. No idea of what it could cost as I’m not at that stage yet. Got the impression that there are good non oe parts and some not so durable but I’m sure someone with better insight will advise.
If you are at that mileage how are your engine and transmission mounts holding up?

Are you looking to diy it ? There are quite a few YT vids out showing what’s involved, not complicated, mainly from the USA. No idea of what it could cost as I’m not at that stage yet. Got the impression that there are good non oe parts and some not so durable but I’m sure someone with better insight will advise.
If you are at that mileage how are your engine and transmission mounts holding up?
Yeah I'm a driveway guy 😎, I have bought some 25mm lowering springs to replace them, straight swap out. Also upgrading the brake lines to braided while I'm at it. I have had to order the replacement shims from Mercedes but they're only £4 each. The engine and trans mounts are still going strong, no knocks or bangs. The car only owes me 2 intercooler pipes (left & right) and a water pump.

Has anybody changed their front suspension components? I.e. control arm, track rods and struts.

My eclass has done around 158k (majority motor way miles) and its on my mind about changing them, I do alot of miles for work and needs to be reliable. I'm trying to get an estimate cost of the parts or if there is a full kit available.
Put your details into Autodoc , they usually have competitive pricing , delivery is 8 days . Lemforder is decent make .
I have diy’d most of that on my W211 , between 100k and 118 k now , made a noticeable difference (as did the engine mounts )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom