W212 Edition 125..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blueserenity777

Car
Kleemann C-class
Does anyone know what extras you get on the Edition 125..I heard it is going to have Comand with online access.

Can someone reply. Please?

I am torn between an A6 Multitronic and an E250 E125 SE 7G-Tronic. Please help he guys and gals???

...A6 Mt vs E250 SE E125 7G-tronic - actuals are:

MERCEDES BENZ E250 SAL 2.2CDI BluEF SE EDTN 125 7G-T+ 11C Automatic

anyone who knows about this stuff: could you please let me know it is OK? I was looking at a BM 5-series.

Save my soul...

I am torn between an A6 Multitronic and an E250 E125 SE 7G-Tronic. Please help he guys and gals???

I have just spent a year in an A6 3 litre petrol Quattro with the proper gearbox, doesn't even come close to the Mercedes.
The multitronic 'box I have had in a 3.0 A4 Cab and the 2.5tdi, on the cab it was OK, on the diesel it was shockingly bad, dangerous almost.

Why anyone would buy a FWD Audi I don't know, they are terrible, terrible, terrible things to drive. Other makes can get FWD right, even VW, Audi seem to fail everytime.

There is absolutely no comparison between those two cars. The fact you are asking tells me you have not driven them both.

...A6 Mt vs E250 SE E125 7G-tronic - actuals are:

MERCEDES BENZ E250 SAL 2.2CDI BluEF SE EDTN 125 7G-T+ 11C Automatic

anyone who knows about this stuff: could you please let me know it is OK? I was looking at a BM 5-series.

Save my soul...

As many on here will know I am a BMW fan, however, the new 5 series is souless, we had a 520d F11 touring, with all the toys, lovely place to sit but nothing to it. Going next week.

The new E Class is a bliner, have you considered an E250cdi coupe or even an E350cdi coupe? Some 10 plates at under £30k now, that would be cheap motoring imho.

I had a 2007 Passat 2.0TDI 140 with DSG (similar system to audi) and currently drive a E250CDI Estate with 7G.

the merc is smoother with 1st gear take off, but the Passat was smoother through the gears.

Then again, I found my 2009 S320 (which has same 7g) much smoother all through the range.

So, the only way is to go and test drive and decide what suits you better.

The Audi Multitronic is nothing like the the VW DSG, that is Audis S-Tronic that is like DSG.
The multitronic is a CVT type gearbox and horrid beyond belief.

As many on here will know I am a BMW fan, however, the new 5 series is souless, we had a 520d F11 touring, with all the toys, lovely place to sit but nothing to it. Going next week.

The new E Class is a bliner, have you considered an E250cdi coupe or even an E350cdi coupe? Some 10 plates at under £30k now, that would be cheap motoring imho.

I'm not sure I agree, I love the F10 5 series, would take it over the 212 any day.

I had w212 E250 CDi for 48hrs and didnt like it that much, preffer the w211 e class.

It felt like it was driving a bus, seating position was too high for me!

I guess that is why all these different manufacturers survive along side each other. ;)

I'm not sure I agree, I love the F10 5 series, would take it over the 212 any day.

I had w212 E250 CDi for 48hrs and didnt like it that much, preffer the w211 e class.

It felt like it was driving a bus, seating position was too high for me!

Looks wise the F10 will pip the 212. The 212 is a grower, but both the C and S are better lookers, and looks do sell cars. Audis are crisp and modern looking without pushing it too far, hence they sell.

The fact they dont rust away before your eyes is a mere bunus ;)

Driving wise, I agree, the seat was far too high in the 212. I like the seat base nice and now, with the squab angled steeplt to get my knees in the air. BMWs tend to have a better seating adjustment range.

The 212 seats lack underthigh support too.

However both the 204 and E coupe nail the chairs bang on. Handling wise, the 212 rode beautifully and took the bends well. It struck a brilliant balance between ride and handling.
I guess that is why all these different manufacturers survive along side each other. ;)

Probably.

A run in an E90 and having driven a 204 and been a brief passanger in Tims C320 they are so different to be in and look at. All they have in common is price and RWD.

Same with my pals E60 and my 211. Hard to agree on which was better (we both say our own cars are better) but we both agree they are nice but so very different as saloon cars go. Again similar prices and RWD and thats it.

Which is good. As soon as cars are made by the same company and "branded" differently, we will end up all driving the same car really. Its why I admire the way Jaguar are going, they are not cars I would buy, but they are a uniquely different proposition to a Mercedes, or to a BMW, or to an Audi, and that is a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom