W212 Estate Boot cargo rails

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

suty455

Car
E350 CDI
Hi all, bit of a strange one this, before I got the Mercedes I used to run a Skoda Superb estate, in the rear it had a really handy luggage restraint system with a retractable divider and also a movable solid divider which ran along 2 rails in the boot.
When I bought the Mercedes I noticed in the boot under the floor I have as well as the triangle and the basket a zip folder with parts to fit into the same type of rails however I have no rails, does this indicate the boot tray has been swapped or is it an extra that is only fitted as required with the fittings just included with every car? Also does anyone know what's involved in fitting these as I found it really useful in the Skoda

Mine came with the rails in the boot and the luggage restraint kit, as I understand it this was a factory fit option and not all estates had this as standard.

I cannot see any reason why it could not be retrofitted other than cost of course but I’m no expert.

Robin

Hmm thats sort of worrying to be honest and may indicate the cars had a rear shunt at some point and they have replaced the boot internals with a non rail type, cant see why I would have the fittings but no rail

Hmm thats sort of worrying to be honest and may indicate the cars had a rear shunt at some point and they have replaced the boot internals with a non rail type, cant see why I would have the fittings but no rail
If you put the VIN number into a decoder, it will tell you if the pack was specified when the car was nee or whether someone has just bought the fittings on eBay a some point thinking they might be able to make them fit.

If you put the VIN number into a decoder, it will tell you if the pack was specified when the car was nee or whether someone has just bought the fittings on eBay a some point thinking they might be able to make them fit.
That theory gets my vote. And if the only suggestion that the car has had a shunt is an unexplained bag of unrelated bits in the boot, any repair must have been top quality.

My W204 estate had the load pack and I agree that it was quite useful in some circumstances, depending on what you're trying to restrain, plus it was a bit of fun and felt suitably premium. My W212 estate doesn't have it. I guess the load pack could be retrofitted easily enough (the rails themselves - check to see if threaded fixing holes are already in place in the boot floor metalwork - plus some new floor pieces) but I just use a bungy-cord-style net between the load eyes instead and, in practice, find it quicker to use and more flexible.

great suggestion just did that and see this, no idea what that means though I do have D rings in the boot floor, I also notice the spec seems to suggest a large cap fuel tank how big exactly should that be? I can with a feather foot get 750 to 800 miles after the remap but thats seriously boring to drive and only if I stick mostly to 60 on the Mway

666PRODUCT PROT.F.TRANSPORT VEH. W/O TIE-DOWN HOOKS

Last edited:
great suggestion just did that and see this, no idea what that means though I do have D rings in the boot floor, I also notice the spec seems to suggest a large cap fuel tank how big exactly should that be? I can with a feather foot get 750 to 800 miles after the remap but thats seriously boring to drive and only if I stick mostly to 60 on the Mway

That's an odd one. The EASY-PACK load securing kit is a factory option and, when fitted, there would be no D-rings in the boot floor, so that code seems to suggest your car was optioned with it. However, if you do have D-rings, they sit to the sides of the central lifting floor hatch and would be deleted, which suggests that it wasn't fitted.

Are there clips on the underside of the floor hatch to hold the telescopic rod?

BTW, code 942 is the factory-fitted side rails...

Last edited:

Could that be something to do with hooks for tying a vehicle to a transporter, or in this case not having them but alternative protection instead?

Hi all, bit of a strange one this, before I got the Mercedes I used to run a Skoda Superb estate, in the rear it had a really handy luggage restraint system with a retractable divider and also a movable solid divider which ran along 2 rails in the boot.
When I bought the Mercedes I noticed Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin in the boot under the floor I have as well as the triangle and the basket a zip folder with parts to fit into the same type of rails however I have no rails, does this indicate the boot tray has been swapped or is it an extra that is only fitted as required with the fittings just included with every car? Also does anyone know what's involved in fitting these as I found it really useful in the Skoda
it will tell you if the pack was specified when the car was nee or whether someone has just bought the fittings on eBay a some point thinking they might be able to make them fit.

so what exactly am i looking for

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom