W212 Estate load cover lifting after hatch closes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul_f

Car
2012 W212 E350CDI Estate and 1966 VW Splitscreen camper
My W212 has started lifting the load cover to the upper position once the hatch has closed.

Anyone else had this problem and know of a solution?

Even if the cover isn't pulled across, the motor still runs and lifts the tracks up after the hatch is closed

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

According to the manual it will lift if it back up if it thinks there is an obstruction - so I guess it must be a sensor problem

I am having the same problem with mine, did you find a solution ?

After about a week it reset itself and had been fine since!
I was just about to start stripping it down when I spotted it was okay.

OK thanks, mine has done the same before but it seems to be more determined this time ! I noticed there is a metal tip or magnet in the right hand clip (the bit that engages in the slot) but the left hand one is hollow, I am worried that I have lost the tip out of the left hand one ... I don't suppose you happen to know if yours is the same or if you have a tip on both sides ?

OK thanks, mine has done the same before but it seems to be more determined this time ! I noticed there is a metal tip or magnet in the right hand clip (the bit that engages in the slot) but the left hand one is hollow, I am worried that I have lost the tip out of the left hand one ... I don't suppose you happen to know if yours is the same or if you have a tip on both sides ?

Just looked. Mine has the 'tip' in the RH end only. The LH end is hollow.

HTH.

As does mine. It works by the microswitch at the bottom of the track being actuated. I got into the boot and watched what the tracks did.

I then actuated both switches to see if it stopped it retracting the guides and it did. But that didn't fix it

Many thanks for looking, I will try WD40 first and hope it recovers by itself, but at least I can stop searching for a missing tip :thumb:

Hi, I'm late to the party in this one but mine has started doing this, also I've noticed the mechanism in the C Pilar one is higher than the other like theyre not even I wonder if this is confusing the car thinking the boot is still open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom