W212 (facelift) Instrument Cluster Fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martyp87

Car
W166 GLE350d
Hello all,

Been a long time since I've last been on here, hope everyone is well.

My dad has a 2016 S212 (E220d) which he bought a couple of years ago from MB.

Basically the instrument cluster is completely dead.

Last time it happened was around Christmas, lights (around gauges) come on but the needles don't move, screen doesn't come on or even the usual lights at ignition stage don't come up (EML, ABS, SRS, Parking Brake etc.) Then it happened to come back to live a few days later - assumed maybe due to the cold/not moving much, again lockdown!

Worked perfect up till last week and still hasn't come back up.

It had a new battery fitted last year, car doesn't move much due to lockdown so tried putting a charger on it to no avail and looked up fuses for the cluster although again all good.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue before either finding an auto electrician to look at the gauge or go to a dealer and likely end up with a new instrument cluster which will likely cost a fortune.

Thanks in advance!

Martin

Hello all,

Been a long time since I've last been on here, hope everyone is well.

My dad has a 2016 S212 (E220d) which he bought a couple of years ago from MB.

Basically the instrument cluster is completely dead.

Last time it happened was around Christmas, lights (around gauges) come on but the needles don't move, screen doesn't come on or even the usual lights at ignition stage don't come up (EML, ABS, SRS, Parking Brake etc.) Then it happened to come back to live a few days later - assumed maybe due to the cold/not moving much, again lockdown!

Worked perfect up till last week and still hasn't come back up.

It had a new battery fitted last year, car doesn't move much due to lockdown so tried putting a charger on it to no avail and looked up fuses for the cluster although again all good.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue before either finding an auto electrician to look at the gauge or go to a dealer and likely end up with a new instrument cluster which will likely cost a fortune.

Thanks in advance!

Martin
Hello
were you able to figure out what was the problem. I have had the same exact issue. Ive been going nuts trying to figure this out. Any info would help. Thank you.

It really needs a diag, as one issue could be another on a different car. I have replaced comand units before for messing up the interior canbus, causing this fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom