Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking again, the front has similarities with my Pre facelift W204, in overall style.

Apparently, E63 will also be available in 2WD .. which might mean no 4WD for RHD markets

You're probably right.

Just like when they show really cracking pictures of what 'a' car will look like, and then release some damped down boring thing that leaves you utterly disappointed - they all do it.

Bangle on BMWs was the only one who carried through the designs and I still find a lot of his work has aged very well.

I'm not sure what to make of it the sport front end looks a bit bulky, think the shape of it reminds me of the R-Class

Rear lights look like the pre-facelft E92 coupe rear lights as I thought they would, maybe they should have been all red?

Doesn't look as if the issue with controlling the COMAND with the rotary wheel has been addressed - extra buttons for the nav, audio, tel, etc as well as the back and delete buttons, don't imagine it would be massively difficult to do that at facelift. Don't think I'll be changing my cab for one of the facelift models

Like the one with the proper star on the front, that sport front end looks horrid.

A rather pointless exercise, I think. Apart from a few lines which have been moved and the front headlights, the rest is pretty much what the current W212 looks like. I prefer the sharper look of the W212, though.

Alex

A rather pointless exercise, I think. Apart from a few lines which have been moved and the front headlights, the rest is pretty much what the current W212 looks like. I prefer the sharper look of the W212, though.

Alex

I think your missing the point, its a midlife facelift, not a brand new model.

Prefer the previous model in all ways, much as I prefer the 219 CLS, although the 218 has grown on me. But this new E doesn't look special to me at all. Maybe in the metal.....

Externally I prefer it to the original W212. I could live with this facelift - unlike the original. I still don't like the interior though I can appreciate some of the compromises that they have to make to get the extra information displays and media stuff in these days.

So from my subjective viewpoint it's gone from hideous to imperfect. Which means if it grows on me a bit more once I start seeing it for real it will probably go to OK.

I think your missing the point, its a midlife facelift, not a brand new model.

Compared with previous facelifts this is visually a lot more different. It's not just a matter of sticking indicators on the door mirrors or changing a minor detail.

I can see it being advertised as if it was a new model introduction.

Compared with previous facelifts this is visually a lot more different. It's not just a matter of sticking indicators on the door mirrors or changing a minor detail.

I can see it being advertised as if it was a new model introduction.

Its no different than the W210 or W211 facelifts.

Both of them had slightly different rear lights (exactly the same size). new wings, bonnet, grill and headlights.

Whats the difference? none!

I think by comparison it's quite difficult to tell the pre/post W211s. Most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

OTOH the pre/post W212 is way more obvious. Particularly at the front / headlamps and the rear haunches.

even more dissapointing on this large press article

ec1w.jpg

Both of them had slightly different rear lights (exactly the same size). new wings, bonnet, grill and headlights.

Whats the difference? none!

That 'facelift' W212 looks like a brand new model.

The headlights are as one now, which changes the look completely.

it's adopted the new A and B class morphed headlight look ..

Not liking these new one-piece headlights :( perhaps all will be forgiven when a meaner equivalent E63 is revealed.

That 'facelift' W212 looks like a brand new model.

The headlights are as one now, which changes the look completely.

It doesnt look like a brand new model! it doesnt even look that different TBH, no more different than the W204s facelift which got a new front end, grill and headlights. - that didnt look like a brand new car! ;)

I dont think its radically different at all, its only a facelift which is clear to see below:

W212PreFLvsFL-1.jpg

Id put my money on 99% of people preferring it a year from now :)

Last edited:
Iwill say this

the grilled up version looks alot better than the one one with the big badge..

as a se or avantgarde.. its quite attractive, but as a sport, its got a pig like snout and looks horrendous..

opinion change in time? maybe, but the elegance and avantgarde work well, just not keen on the super bug eye look..

then again, the current 212 has a sharp front, not for all.. so could be split 50:50 all the way

Your slowly moving towards liking it I think Boss man :D :D :D

dont let my past comments make u think otherwise..

the sports guise is horrid.
the proper grilled version looks decent and prominent,
but new headlights too bug eyed
i tell u what, when the e63 birds eye angle popped up, i was rather impressed with it.. the headlights looked small, and discreet, but just as i feared, it was an illusion, the headlights are massive and vulgar..

same as the new a class, but softer.
the new sl has quite an ugly front too
and the new s appears to possibly follows suit..

right now i think the prettiest car from mercedes is the cls..

and i think that is all that appeals.. the rest are just a blur.

seriously, the new design direction, for me is dissapointing.

i think i pop a generation of two when i change..

back to audi me feels, cause the new rs4 avant is an incredible machine my friends.. incredible..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom