W212 Facelift Stalks on Pre-Facelift W212

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lmijde

Car
B Class (w245) & E Class (W212)
Hi All,
Let me start by saying Happy New Year to everyone !:thumb:
It has been a while since I have been on this forum, I joined when my wife bought a W245 B Class and I got some very helpful information at the time. I have recently bought a 2012 W212 E220 E Class.
Since my purchase I have been looking as some bits & pieces to make it my own like a sports grill and AMG alloys etc.
One thing that I would really like to do is upgrade the stalks to the face-lift ones which move the indicator stalk back up to the top and also the gear selectors looks more like a normal stalk.
I was wondering if anyone knows if this is a simple swap out ? Can the existing stalks be replaced with the face-lift one's without any changes to the wiring etc ?
It seems to me that MB would not change the wiring loom for the face-lift so it should be a simple swap out. I have seen some for sale on E-Bay and they look the same as the ones I have in terms of physical appearance but I am worried about the wiring.
Can anyone confirm if it is possible to fit the W212 face-lift stalks to a pre-facelift W212 ?

Just bare in mind insurance, you will have modified the car so will have to inform them that will lead to extra costs!

Just factor it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is normally done when someone wants to fit a facelift wheel/wheel from the next newer model as depending what is wanted, sometimes the steering column and it's gubbins from a facelift will be needed for the newer wheel to work- if that makes sense!

Best people I'd say to ask is the guys at http://www.comand.co.uk they are members on here (think I got that website right?)

Thank you both for getting back to me. I will try and contact the command guys and see if they know anything about this.

@Chady - Do really think I would need to inform my insurance company just because I change d the style of the indicator stalk? Seems a bit extreme, I thought that was just of you affected teh way the car ran or handled ....

Alloy wheels grills is bodywork modifications.

Stalk don't know and of the day mate. Your just giving them an excuse to not pay out in the event of an accident.

You might be ok you might not. You will never no till its to late.

Then you could have a bill for your car and any other 3rd party.

You might get away with it you might not.

I'm getting windows tinted this weekend.

Monday insurance company will be called

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom