[W212] Factory/Default rim details

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cezar

Car
W212 E350 CGI
been trying to figure out what are the original rim details for my car. I have the original 16 inch with winter tires and Diewe 18 inch rims for the summer tires (8JX18H2 ET45)

in my car's book I have rim details for the 17 and 16 inch (8.5JX17H2, 7.5JX16H2) and the 18inch are only with tire size. no ET details on any of them.

so the question is: what would be to correct 18inch rim size/configuration for 245/45 R18 97Y tires?

According to US Spec sheet for W212 there were three 18" wheels options:
1. All 4 wheels of the same size: 8.5J x 18 H2 ET48 for 245/40R18 97 Y XL
2. Fronts 8.5J x 18 H2 ET48 for 245/40R18 97 Y XL
Rears 9.0J x 18 H2 ET54 for 265/35R18 97 Y XL
3. Fronts 9.0J x 18 H2 ET 37 for 255/40ZR18 99 Y XL
Rears 9.5J x 18 H2 ET 52 for 285/35ZR18 101 Y XL
The third option is for E63 while the first and the second one are for E350

Edit: Above is for summer tyres only.

appreciate the answer

can anyone advise on what impact ET45 has over the (standard) ET48? any concerns? I already have the ET45 rims, just wondered if safer to replace them.

appreciate the answer

can anyone advise on what impact ET45 has over the (standard) ET48? any concerns? I already have the ET45 rims, just wondered if safer to replace them.
As you already have those fitted I don't see the reason for a concern if the tyres are not rubbing anything.
Are those genuine MB wheels?

The wheels are Diewe. Got the car with them on. Made lots of km with them.
I think my concern comes from last wheel change when I switched to the 16 for the winter. 18 came off and 16 on. But one of the 16, front left, had some issues to fit. It was installed but was not aligned. Had to insist a little to have it aligned. That’s when all started to shift in my head. Maybe these one non MB “made” something. I know it sounds stupid but that’s why I’m asking.

now I have to buy summer tires and go back to the 18s and I wanna make sure they’re suited. That’s why I asked about 45 vs 48 for the ET

See the third sticky at the beginning of the Wheels, Brakes & Tyres section; all the information, on standard fits at least, is in there.

Last edited:
I’ve seen the sticky and indeed it looks like small differences. My question would be if such a difference can make an impact. I’m sure I’m overthinking this but it’s more for the sake of the technical detail. I mean I see so many “performance” differences in other parts that it just makes me curious.

anyway I would say it’s safe to stick with these rims and just get my tires

to make it worth here’s a picture with the rims oN from last summer

CE9798E5-88FB-4D4D-95AD-65EB8CA7D932.jpeg

I’ve seen the sticky and indeed it looks like small differences. My question would be if such a difference can make an impact. I’m sure I’m overthinking this but it’s more for the sake of the technical detail. I mean I see so many “performance” differences in other parts that it just makes me curious.

anyway I would say it’s safe to stick with these rims and just get my tires

to make it worth here’s a picture with the rims oN from last summer

View attachment 95373
That’s very nice colour.

got fitted today a nice pair of Continental Premium Contact 6 245/40 R18 97Y XL MO DOT 1120. all went smooth so just need to hit the road now :)

Moved

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom