W212 Glove box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Harvey534

Car
E220
W212 2014 E220 Glove box handle came off in my hand, is it repairable or do I have to buy a new door?

Hi

Any photos? Has it broken? The whole glove box is around the £30 mark on eBay, second hand.

Hi

Any photos? Has it broken? The whole glove box is around the £30 mark on eBay, second hand.

W212 2014 E220 Glove box handle came off in my hand, is it repairable or do I have to buy a new door?
Thank you for replying. How difficult is it to replace glove box? Does the front trim separate or do I have to buy the right colour?

Attachments

• IMG_4015 (1).jpg
    IMG_4015 (1).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4018 (2).jpg
    IMG_4018 (2).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4017.jpg
    IMG_4017.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
It looks like that handle is definitely broken. In the first image (4015) you can see the two lugs that hold the hinge pin. One has broken. I can’t see it being that difficult to replace the whole glove box. I’ve not done it but bet someone on here has. There are lots of black glove boxes on eBay but not many in your colour. Might be worth contacting a dealer to see how much the handle is?

Sorry @Harvey534 . @SW18 post didn’t show when I saw saw the photo post. Looks quite straight forward

@Harvey534 is this the same colour? Can’t see why you can’t just swap the handle over.

Can't see how to get the broken bit out of door? It seems to pivot on a small metal rod that goes through the handle and 2 plastic holes in the bit in the door. The bottom hole is broken.

See the instructions in SW18 post above. It looks relatively easy if you’re used to doing such things. The lock will need swapping if you care about being able to lock the glove box.

See the instructions in SW18 post above. It looks relatively easy if you’re used to doing such things. The lock will need swapping if you care about being able to lock the glove box.
Thank you for all the help, I checked out SW18 Pictures, It looks a little to complicated for me. Its a shame there is no way to just replace the handle.
I've owned 9 Mercedes since 1980, 450SL, 280SL 190E, C180, 300E 560SEC, S320, E220 and present vehicle E220. although I'm a Merc fan, I feel interior quality has deteriorated over the years. On present car apart from handle coming off,. The areas where my arms rest, door and centre, the Plastic trim has crazed. Poor quality materials used!

Thank you for all the help, I checked out SW18 Pictures, It looks a little to complicated for me. Its a shame there is no way to just replace the handle.
I've owned 9 Mercedes since 1980, 450SL, 280SL 190E, C180, 300E 560SEC, S320, E220 and present vehicle E220. although I'm a Merc fan, I feel interior quality has deteriorated over the years. On present car apart from handle coming off,. The areas where my arms rest, door and centre, the Plastic trim has crazed. Poor quality materials used!
What a fabulous list! Did you have a favourite? I’m certain you’re right about the declining quality, and you’ve owned some of the best in that list.

What a fabulous list! Did you have a favourite? I’m certain you’re right about the declining quality, and you’ve owned some of the best in that list.
The 450 SL, wherever I parked it if the roof open, it would get people looking . I was always within sight of it.
If I had the money, I'D buy one and take it to those guys in Wales (Vintage Voltage on Quest) and have it electrified and modernised.
560SEC was quite nippy.

Attachments

• IMG_2356 (4).PNG
    IMG_2356 (4).PNG
    627.6 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom