W212 Heater - AUTO setting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ima poster

Car
2011 E250CDI BE Sport Edition 125
Hi, Although working as expected in manual mode, the AUTO setting for the heather doesn't seem to put the fan on full power at all. I'm fairly sure it used to especially when the temp was set to 'MAX'. Any ideas?

S212 / E250CDi

Not the same car but I think the only time mine goes on max is when I press the front screen demist button, and even then it ramps up only as the engine warms up.

I imagine for normal heating the fan speed would vary according to the temp required. What happens if you select max temp?

When on AUTO it will adjust the fan speed as it sees fit. No point pumping out freezing cold air until the engine has warmed up if you have the temp set high.

Not the same car but I think the only time mine goes on max is when I press the front screen demist button, and even then it ramps up only as the engine warms up.

I imagine for normal heating the fan speed would vary according to the temp required. What happens if you select max temp?

Mine is much the same, to be honest for a premium brand it seems a pretty poor system, just my opinion of course.

Mine is much the same, to be honest for a premium brand it seems a pretty poor system, just my opinion of course.
It will adjust the fan as necessary to maintain set temperature in the car. What's so poor about that ? It's the way the system is cleverly designed.

Did you actually read what you wrote first ?

Hi, Although working as expected in manual mode, the AUTO setting for the heather doesn't seem to put the fan on full power at all. I'm fairly sure it used to especially when the temp was set to 'MAX'. Any ideas?

S212 / E250CDi

If on auto mode set the temp. to minimum or 18 and and the fan is flat out!

It will adjust the fan as necessary to maintain set temperature in the car. What's so poor about that ? It's the way the system is cleverly designed.

Did you actually read what you wrote first ?

Err! Yes my opinion is valid, I did not go into a long post but it is no where as good as other cars I have owned and these used to clear the screen far quicker than the Mercedes in damp or frosty conditions.
Some days the heater would be on but on deciding I would like a cooler environment I turned it down one degree but instead of bringing the temperature down slowly it then pumped out cold air making it uncomfortable so not good. It has been checked and I am told it is working ok, so in my opinion not such a clever system.

It's about time heated front screens were widely available.

Some days the heater would be on but on deciding I would like a cooler environment I turned it down one degree but instead of bringing the temperature down slowly it then pumped out cold air making it uncomfortable so not good.

I TOTALLY agree 100% with this. :thumb:

It's a point I've made many times. The heating is easier to regulate in my Transit van than in our little Merc.

Ant.

I had heated front screen on the Jag and when frosty it was great to watch the ice melt and slide down the screen.
Is it a licensing thing? Cannot understand why otherwise.

Yes. I THINK Ford patented it hence why it appeared on Jaguars and Volvo. :dk:

Belting think to have. Both car & van are garaged but good when out and about in frosty weather.

Ant.

My partner's Mini has one. Bloody brilliant. I get the garage so i don't have a 'scraping ice' problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom