W212 Heater blower hardly working (new battery fitted)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ians12345

Car
E250 Convertible
Hi, this appeared to coincide with a failing battery. Having replaced the battery the problem remains. When the heater is on, only a very light blow of warm air is coming through the vents. The Max windscreen demister does not work at all. Been back through a lot of posts without success and this is not an intermittent problem as others have had. With no heater I'm even more grateful for the heated seats.
Appreciate any help please.
Ian
ps if it's a fuse or relay would I still be getting the trickle of warm air?

Hi

Check the blower fan is rotating? If you take off the ducting that sits above the battery you can reach the top of the blower motor. I had a similar problem of not much blowing out of the vents then one day it stopped altogether. The motor had seized which in turn blew the speed regulator! The below is what the blower looks like. You should see the white part through the hole once the duct is removed.

Worth a try.

BEHR HELLA SERVICE 8EW 351 043-111 *** PREMIUM LINE *** Interior Blower BEHR HELLA SERVICE 8EW 351 043-111 *** PREMIUM LINE *** Interior Blower: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Hi Abcan and thanks for your prompt and very helpful message.
The car did indeed need a new heater blower and unfortunately had blown the resistor. Total cost £541 including labour (local garage).
Mechanic said that the movement on the car over time had led to a seal wearing which let in water and caused the problem :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom