W212 Heater control silver trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrummyPete

Car
Mercedes E220
There is a piece of silver trim missing on the far left button for my heater control, im guessing this is quite common after looking on ebay and quite a few are missing, will I have to buy a used heater to get the trim or is there anywhere that sells it by any small chance?

Picture of trim needed if anyone can help, it's the silver past of the left button
eab72ff8248f99b79548a03a394bcf4d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

That’s a pain! Loads of used controls on eBay but I’ve never seen just the silver bit for sale. Maybe worth trying the dealers to see if they can get it. Some members on here have access to the IPC. Maybe ask if they would check if the silver bit has it’s own part number.

No such luck, entire heating control unit is one part number.

There's quite a few variations as well:

Attachments

• EPC 212.002 83.135 pic.pdf
    296.2 KB · Views: 1
  • EPC 212.002 83.135 lst.pdf
    300.5 KB · Views: 1
Thanks for the comments, looks like I'll have to order a cheap unit, will keep an eye out

As an update I ordered a spare unit off ebay, I've replaced the trim but it's a slightly different silver but at least it looks complete now

Hi sorry to revive an old thread but I assume by your reply that the silver trim comes off and just clips back on? As opposed to having to replace the whole unit? Cheers

I have bought a replacement unit for cheap from ebay. I cant work out how to get the trim off and want to avoid snapping any clips. I cant PM on the forum yet due to posts. I dont suppose someone could PM Pete for me could they asking him to check the forum?

I have bought a replacement unit for cheap from ebay. I cant work out how to get the trim off and want to avoid snapping any clips. I cant PM on the forum yet due to posts. I dont suppose someone could PM Pete for me could they asking him to check the forum?

Pete hasn't logged into the forum since December last year so highly unlikely he would see any message.
Does the silver inlay press out from under the button?
If not, I'd depress the button next to the one I want to take the silver piece from and see if it slides out from the side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom