W212 ignition coil and bolts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richardgr88

Car
Mercedes CLK 280 Sport Cabrio
Hi,

I recently got a W212 E63 about a month ago and absolutely loving it until it decided one of the ignition coils was going to give up. Originally it was cylinder 7 so I swapped it with 5 and the fault followed.

I’m UK based and have been told by Mercedes that both the UK and Germany don’t have ignition coils or bolts available for the M157.

I was told the coil that came out had been revised twice and even none of those are available.

Looking for:
A2769063700 this is the original faulty one from my 2014
A2769060501 apparently this one did a stint and would get me out of a hole
A2769061001 this is the latest

And the bolts are
A0029900303

If anyone has any of this stuff available that would be much appreciated particularly the bolts.

Got some Beru ZSE093 coming from the USA fingers crossed and also got a Bosch one that claims to be compatible in place of the part ending 501 coming from somewhere. Even got a MEYLE coming.

Really keen to get back on the road. Fed up of looking at my prized expensive ornament :-( any help much appreciated.

Thanks for the replies. Wow! Lithuania and cheap rubbish.

Best i can find
Lithuania ordered. Cheapie skipped. Wonder if WAI CUF2143 would work. Had another UK supplier cancel on me for the Bosch one I ordered. Suspecting the USA supplier is going to do the same.

Best of luck. I did notice on the description of one of them that it fits a lot of other models, might be worth contacting the manufacturers for alternatives available, can't believe its nla on such a new model.

It’s not NLA. It’s the chip / logistical issue.

But even with VOR it’s quite a long wait.

Have to use third party if one does fail.

They have revised them so expect a failure at some point. I think the heat causes an internal break.

Reminds me of them god awful coils on the Audi 1.8T engines years ago! You had to keep a spare in the glovebox and they didn’t fix / revise the part for years so VW must have made a fortune on coils.

Apparently I have a Meyle one in the post from one of my orders. Fingers crossed. Wow, bad 1.8T Audi engine….at least you could probably get them then lol. If my other orders come I’ll keep them in the glove box for a bad day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom