W212 MY2015 NTG4.7 engineering menu?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

columb

Car
W212
Hi,

How do I enable Comand Engineering Menu on W212 MY2015?
I've tried HANG-UP+1+# (in differnet combinations like engine on, engine off, menu visible, menu not visible, car in N, car in D, car in P etc etc) but nothing!

I could get to Dealer Menu so I'm doing something right here - just can't activate this bloody engineering mode!

Any help would be more than welcome. All Google results are HANGUP-1-#
Tried also with green button + others!

Cheers
Chris

columb said:
Hi, How do I enable Comand Engineering Menu on W212 MY2015? I've tried HANG-UP+1+# (in differnet combinations like engine on, engine off, menu visible, menu not visible, car in N, car in D, car in P etc etc) but nothing! I could get to Dealer Menu so I'm doing something right here - just can't activate this bloody engineering mode! Any help would be more than welcome. All Google results are HANGUP-1-# Tried also with green button + others! Cheers Chris

Hi

You need to hold them all down together for at least 10 seconds (if you haven't already tried that) it worked for my S212 with 4.5.

Hi

You need to hold them all down together for at least 10 seconds (if you haven't already tried that) it worked for my S212 with 4.5.

Thanks mate! Tried even for a minute now without any joy!
All buttons are functioning correctly on their own.

Any other ideas? Any oher members with MY2015 4.7 NTG?

Cheers
Chris

Hi Abcan,

Thanks but I've went through this link as well.
Makes me wonder if this menu was disabled with one of the updates?
I will wait for someone with NTG4.7 or same model to confirm.

Indeed, pain in the neck!

Cheers
Chris

Hi,

Pictures attached.

2yuAHRN.jpg

aQ3dj0D.jpg

I can reliably get to the "Dealer Menu" but no luck with "Engineering Menu".

W212 - Album on Imgur

Cheers
Chris

Thats because you have NTG5*1 and not NTG4.7

And no one has found the engineering menu on that

Richard

Thanks Richard!

I was under impression that only the newest E had 5+ NTG? Oh well!

Also, does it mean that no reversing cam for me? I was going to ask you for reversing cam fitted price soonish!

Cheers
Chris

We can do genuine reverse camera on NTG5 e class :)

R

genuine rear camera

We can do genuine reverse camera on NTG5 e class :)

R

Hello Richard,
do I understand correctly, that you know, how to mount Mercedes' genuine rear camera part (bought as a complete set with cables etc. from Mercedes) to Mercedes E220 T BlueTEC, produced at the end of year 2015 (model 2016 already)? To add one detail more: There is Audio 20 CD on board. Is there some coding needed at the end of connecting camera's cables to the Audio 20?

Thank you in advance!
best regards
Frodo

Hello Richard,
do I understand correctly, that you know, how to mount Mercedes' genuine rear camera part (bought as a complete set with cables etc. from Mercedes) to Mercedes E220 T BlueTEC, produced at the end of year 2015 (model 2016 already)? To add one detail more: There is Audio 20 CD on board. Is there some coding needed at the end of connecting camera's cables to the Audio 20?

Thank you in advance!
best regards
Frodo

For audio-20 you will need a different kit as the entry level NTG 4.5 (which you have) does not support camera.

For audio-20 you will need a different kit as the entry level NTG 4.5 (which you have) does not support camera.

hello Alfie,
thank you for your fast answer. I have succeeded to go into Engineering menu and the Version Information page shows "NTG51..." (HU copy attached). Doesn't stand for NTG 5.1?
If not, is there another way, how to find out, what version exactly I have built in? I mean: Another way, than to disassemble dashboard? ;-)

Thank you in advance
best regards
Frodo

Attachments

• IMG_1747.jpg
    IMG_1747.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 92
hello Alfie,
thank you for your fast answer. I have succeeded to go into Engineering menu and the Version Information page shows "NTG51..." (HU copy attached). Doesn't stand for NTG 5.1?
If not, is there another way, how to find out, what version exactly I have built in? I mean: Another way, than to disassemble dashboard? ;-)

Thank you in advance
best regards
Frodo

You have audio-20 which may or may not have the camera input on the rear. NTG 5.1 comand does have it but NTG 5.1 audio-20 may or may not. the only way to be sure is to pop the unit out.

Hello Alfie,
thanx, it is clear - I have to take my tools... ;-)

best regards
Frodo

Hi all,
I noticed that it's been ages since the last message but I'd like to ask the same question for my W212 2015 (reg65). Sorry for that but how can I access to engineering menu?
My datacard shows that it has 531-Comand Aps NTG5/5.5, 537-DAB and 815-Dvd single drive.
There is an sd-card slot and sat-nav on it.
I tried hangup+1+# or answer+1+# combinations with different combinations or orders up to 10 sec but no luck.
Appreciated for any suggestions.
Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom