W212 nav upgrade over 2 hrs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Optimus prime

Car
car
Guys,

Just upgraded my Nav to the latest maps via the dvd drive, only 2 disc's but it took over 2hrs :eek: So be warned if you try it, however as the disc's were not genuine the read speed may of been a little lower but based on the fact that my car is a 2010 I doubt that played a major part.

The difference in cost of £75 between dealer price & what I paid was worth the extra 1hr to update:p

All done while the car was stationary

My S204 has taken 2 1/4 hours each of the 2 times I've updated the maps, so this seems to be normal - 1 3/4 hours for DVD1, 1/2 hour for DVD2. That's why I start the engine, connect my battery charger, switch the engine off but turn the ignition key to the position that fires up Comand before starting the update.

My S204 has taken 2 1/4 hours each of the 2 times I've updated the maps, so this seems to be normal - 1 3/4 hours for DVD1, 1/2 hour for DVD2. That's why I start the engine, connect my battery charger, switch the engine off but turn the ignition key to the position that fires up Comand before starting the update.

Yep that timing is spot on so the fact that I had non dealer disc's made no difference. I ran the car for a while then let it update with the engine off, then the command shut down after about 40 mins so re started car as don't have a battery charger for the V8.

I believe the neighbours enjoyed the update as well :D

Yep that timing is spot on so the fact that I had non dealer disc's made no difference. ........................................................................:D

Except you could have trashed your Comand system with pirated disks.

Fine I will bin them I bought them from a proper nav provider online I presume they are not genuine due to no case however they are labelled with genuine Merc information & part numbers. So just guessing & being honest they worked perfectly so I was just trying to help. Didn't expect to get flamed over it !!!!!!

Thanks for nothing

Calm down,nobody is Flaming You. Just pointing out the error of your ways :thumb:

Last edited:
I think Alfie was pointing out that for the sake of £75 extra, you could have got original discs and not risked trashing your Comand system. Up to you of course, but I sure wouldn't risk updating mine with pirated discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom