W212 NOT CRANKING OR STARTING BEEN OVER A WEEK NOW!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NAVMERC

Car
2012 W212 E250cdi
Hi guys

Can someone please advise me on what I need to do here? The car won't start or crank at all.
I think I've narrowed it down to EIS/ESL as I dont even get the "SCHHCH" noise when I insert the key into the ignition. Although I can freely move the steering wheel without the key, I have also used my spare key. The key turns but no crank or start.
Check out the fault code pics attatched.

Thanks in advance

SCM5.jpgSCM4.jpgSCM0.jpgSCM2.jpgSCM1.jpgENG101.jpgENGSTART.jpg

Looks like an ESM fault with the transmission lever.

I've had a similar W211 where a strip and clean has fixed.
In normal repair though it is a new module that is required.

Looks like an ESM fault with the transmission lever.

I've had a similar W211 where a strip and clean has fixed.
In normal repair though it is a new module that is required.

I’ve already replaced that and have had it coded in correctly. The car did start and I drove it for 15 miles before it stopped working again.
please check my previous threads
Nav

I’ve already replaced that and have had it coded in correctly. The car did start and I drove it for 15 miles before it stopped working again.

Certainly sounds like the shift module, didn't know these needed coding as I've never had to on the 211.

Certainly sounds like the shift module, didn't know these needed coding as I've never had to on the 211.
it works well when I use the STAR diagnostic. It does all the adaptions and it has been taught in. Actual values shows it personalised and activated. I did get the part from the dealership brand new.

Nav

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom