W212 NOx Sensor - Engine Management Light On

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eagleye1

Car
E Class W212
2015 E Class came up with the NOx Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2 error (P229F). There is no degradation of power when driving it.
The NOx sensor 3 is also shows one of the reading failed but there is no error code generated for this sensor.
The car has done 60k miles and not under warranty anymore but it has full Mercedes service history. I read some posts that this is a common issue on Mercedes cars.

Questions:
1. Should i expect Mercedes to cover this repair cost since its common known issue? How much will it cost if they dont?
2. Can i still continue drive the car? Will it cause further damage?

I have booked the diagnostic with MB but need to be prepared on what i could expect. Hope someone can shed some light on this.

I have a 2016 E220d with nox sensor EML showing. Had the diagnostic done and same.. one sensor no reading, other sensor open circuit. Booked in to Stratsone for 15oct earliest available date. Diagnostic needed first says Mercedes then will see what to do. The diagnostic is £144 alone and I’ve been told Nox sensors Mercedes prefer to fit in pairs at around £400 plus for one. I already contacted Mercedes and they blew me off stating my model isn’t on the recall list.

Had my C220 about 5 months and have the same issue. Car drives fine no issues at all. Called RAC out when light first came on and they found the same fault code. They said it was something minor and reset the light. Obviously, it came on again and I bought the iCarsoft v1.0 which detected the same code.

Not sure what to do. I do have what is a "Gold" independant warranty, maybe that will cover this if the NOX sensors need replacing.

See my post

There are numerous other posts on this matter.

Touch wood not had any problems re sensors since fixed.:cool::cool::cool:

Regards
David

Just when you thought Mercedes couldn’t get more things wrong. I decided to ring them up about getting the NOX checked out maybe under a recall or something.
I was advised that my car had 4 outstanding recalls and one was the NOX sensor. Booked the car in and took it to MB last night. I checked which recalls were to be done and the list was read out to me
On my way home from dropping the car off. I get a phone call.
I was told my recalls had been done in 2018 and one in 2020. And I should come get my car.
How ridiculous can you get ???
Spoke to the manager who really didn’t offer much in the way of a goodwill gesture. Left it with them to do a diagnostic check which hopefully my warranty will pay the 1st £50 of a labour charge of £120.
Angry!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom