W212 NTG 4 to NTG 4.5 Retrofit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
hi all,

I have W204, 2013 with Audio20 (Becker navi). I want to upgrade my command with NTG 4.5 system and bigger 7" screen which I know that is possible. My question is, if it is possible to upgrade also to NTG 4.7 ? Have anyone tried this before?

For what I know that we need is:
Monitor, Zentraldisplay Teilenummer: A1729008500, you can find it also like A1729016500
Abdeckung Kombiinstrument: A2046890039,

Abdeckung Oben: A2046890639 (You can probably use the current frame),
Abdeckung Unten: A2046890839 (You can probably use the current frame).

I've been told and also read above that COMAND needs the fans. Audio 20 does not. Is this the same also for W204? Do I need to buy also axial fun with air ducts? If I search for NTG 4.5 online I see that for W204 it's already imported into it (look at the picture).

Please for help and thanks for advance.

Attachments

• NTG.JPG
    NTG.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 17
  • ntg2.jpg
    ntg2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 17
Anybody have a pin out of the NTG 4.5 screen? Mine turn on for a few seconds and will not come on. Already swapped CAN L/H on the 12 pin connector and the 8pin connector is recieving power/signal.

I have the black wire (CAN L -pin 6),black/wht wire(CAN H -pin 12)...

just to make sure the screen 8 pin connector should pin out (1-ground, 2-12v, 3-CAN L, 4-CAN H, 5-ground, 6-12v, 7-ground, 8-not used)?

What car ? If this is a W204 (i.e C63) then how are you fitting the NTG4.5 screen in a NTG4 car as dashboard is different and display wiring between W204 NTG4 display and W204 NTG4.5 display is somewhat different.
And are you in California in USA, or California in UK ?

R

What car ? If this is a W204 (i.e C63) then how are you fitting the NTG4.5 screen in a NTG4 car as dashboard is different and display wiring between W204 NTG4 display and W204 NTG4.5 display is somewhat different.
And are you in California in USA, or California in UK ?

R
Swapped to facelift dash board! Car had command NTG 4.0 originally so I just swapped the CAN L/H on the 12pin connector and some microphone inputs to mirror the NTG 4.5 pin out. The screen did power up for a brief second but will not anymore. I’m out in the USA. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
3 grounds and 2 power then CAN lines so it should pinout (1-ground,2-power, 3-not used, 4 CAN L, 5-ground, 6-power, 7-ground, 8-CAN H) this is for the 8 pin connector on the W204 facelift screen.

Is the Bluetooth built into the facelift/NTG 4.5 HU or is there a separate module?

Hello, can I find a video describing the can bus wiring? I have an w212 2009 equipped with ntg 4(audio 50 aps) and I bought ntg4.5 audio 20 with lvsd cable and USB cable. The unit works, I have sound In speakers but no image at all. I saw the diagram with the wiring but I can't u understand how to do it and if the wires need to be welded? Please help me. Thank you

You need to move the CAN and microphone wiring around. No cutting, no soldering, just move them in the connectors. Theres info in thread above about which pins they move to (I cant remember). If you have the wiring diagram for NTG4.5 just go by the colours and move the wires to the correct positions. The wires that need moving are all on the little 12 pin sub-connectors that clip into the Quadlock

Hey,
Has anyone tried to retrofit the 7-inch display on NTG4.5 audio 20.

I have a HU45(audio 20 not comand) with 5.8 inches and a becker map pilot. I have added an android auto box. Everything works fine. I want to swap the screen only to the big one don't care if the resolution will be still the same.

Current Display uses LVDS + one extra plug with port1(ground) port 2 (12v) and port 4/8 for CAN communication.
If I put the 7-inch screen and add the ports 5 and 7 to the ground and 6 to12v would it power the 7-inch screen?

Kind Regards!

The screen has the same connections. But the big screen displays nothing when connected to an Audio-20 sadly.

I have installed 4.5 command in a 2012 w212, re wired mics and aux and can bus on plug B , wired fan to plug C (both are the 12 pin sub connectors below the 8 pin ones
Cannot get screen to work at all , I’ve got the 4 pin round HSD (blue end to screen and grey the comand )
I have a black 8 pin plug on the cable but a blue socket on rear of 7” screen , do I need to move the wires around ?, and if so how do the pins detach from plastic plug ?
Bearing in mind I pulled out a ntg 4.0 without sat nav , wonder if I’ve got to add any other wiring ?
Thank you

Last edited:
I have installed 4.5 command in a 2012 w212, re wired mics and aux and can bus on plug B , wired fan to plug C (both are the 12 pin sub connectors below the 8 pin ones
Cannot get screen to work at all , I’ve got the 4 pin round HSD (blue end to screen and grey the comand )
I have a black 8 pin plug on the cable but a blue socket on rear of 7” screen , do I need to move the wires around ?, and if so how do the pins detach from plastic plug ?
Bearing in mind I pulled out a ntg 4.0 without sat nav , wonder if I’ve got to add any other wiring ?
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom