W212 OM651 DPF ISSUES MERCMAN TIPS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I recommend Forte products. Highly respected within the trade. Used it when I used to have a diesel CLK, and that alone reduced the soot level.

I also replaced the sensor and this resolved the issue.

I have used Forte in the past
I’m tryi
I recommend Forte products. Highly respected within the trade. Used it when I used to have a diesel CLK, and that alone reduced the soot level.

I also replaced the sensor and this resolved the issue.
I’ve used forte in the past but I’m trying not to use additives again. Since I have a STAR I can check every 2 months or so and do a force regen!

Hi again all

I have an E250 cdi OM651 with 208K miles on it. I've just had the TCU done a few weeks ago, then last week a new battery and alternator ouch!
Now I have an DPF issue. My STAR is showing that I have 400% soot in the DPF and the EML light is on and in limp mode. I gave it a good blast on the motorway for 30 minutes in 3rd gear but nothing happened.
I have seen Mercman Tips video on youtube and I'm going to follow what he's done. Just wanted to know if it is wise to change the DPF sensor at the same time as while I wait for the additive to work cleaning the soot out!

Thanks in Advance!

Nav
I had the same issue on my e class a month ago and I was told to stick a dpf cleaner in there and that's solved the issue so far but not sure if it will stay that way. I think the bottle cost me a fiver you can find them on google, I've left some links below to try

The Best DPF Cleaner on the Market in 2020 | Czok

I hope this helps and that you get it fixed without having to spend a small fortune

Mollie x

I had the same issue on my e class a month ago and I was told to stick a dpf cleaner in there and that's solved the issue so far but not sure if it will stay that way. I think the bottle cost me a fiver you can find them on google, I've left some links below to try

The Best DPF Cleaner on the Market in 2020 | Czok

I hope this helps and that you get it fixed without having to spend a small fortune

Mollie x

Liqui Molly is probably the best. But I wanted to clean it out once myself!
How did you get on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom