w212 pollen filter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG_G_1979

Car
E280 CDI SPORT
Hi guys I will being replacing my dad's pollen filter can anyone advise where it's located and how to replace many thanks

W212 e250cdi

Finally found something jesus it looks a real pita to change unlike my w211

This is the only w212 pollen filter thread I can find on here. Just done the filter on my w212 so thought I would chip in a thought.

Obviously the metal retaining clips were missing, and because the Bosch filters have a foam sealing edge, this makes it virtually impossible to slide the white retaining clip across with one hand because the filter is trying to push itself out of the housing by about 5mm.

No problem though. I used some circa 5mm width cable ties, one on each side where the metal clips should be, to pull the filter fully into the housing. Makes sliding the white retaining clip in place much easier.

Next time I need to replace the filter, I'll just cut the cable ties and replace.

The filter was pretty filthy, noticeable by the weight of the old dirty one.

Last edited:
Which one are people buying ?

I've just put in the activated carbon Bosch. I don't know why I had it in stock, but I did so it went in. The Mann Frecious would be my go-to.
Next time Gadget!

This is the only w212 pollen filter thread I can find on here. Just done the filter on my w212 so thought I would chip in a thought.

Obviously the metal retaining clips were missing, and because the Bosch filters have a foam sealing edge, this makes it virtually impossible to slide the white retaining clip across with one hand because the filter is trying to push itself out of the housing by about 5mm.

No problem though. I used some circa 5mm width cable ties, one on each side where the metal clips should be, to pull the filter fully into the housing. Makes sliding the white retaining clip in place much easier.

Next time I need to replace the filter, I'll just cut the cable ties and replace.

The filter was pretty filthy, noticeable by the weight of the old dirty one.

I changed mine the other week for a Mann one and had the same problem fitting it - I needed so somehow push the filter up a few mm whilst sliding the retaining clip across.

I ended up engaging the clip just enough then nudging it into the closed position using a stubby screwdriver. Not very elegant but I got there in the end.

As others have said, it's a right PITA compared to a 211......

No problem with OEM, but they’re about £35. Annoying that the clips were missing from mine too and it had always been serviced at MB

Unfortunately don’t think there are markings on the OEM to reveal who makes it

I’d consider swapping to another brand if superior

Never had any problems with the W212 filters but always used genuine.

FWIW I usually end up buying something by one of the bigger brands from ECP or GSF.

I can't remember what the last one was off the top of my head but it slotted in just fine.

The Mann one this time round was a few mm too deep.

Yeah had a upside-down front footwell fight with Mann too , it was the big white sliding clip renewal .

img_20191228_125345_4e8e7a38898cfaf53d5b0af6563412a6205a64e1.jpg

Gave up and just tried the old one which just slid right on .

Yeah had a upside-down front footwell fight with Mann too , it was the big white sliding clip renewal .

View attachment 122427

Gave up and just tried the old one which just slid right on .
Damn! I never thought of that.....

It was quite the upside down fight, as you said.

It's not just the fact that it's so easy to reach it under the bonnet in a 211. This one's under the dash and also involves taking out and putting back the Torx bolts, the footwell light, the temperature sensor, the carpet, the sound deading etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom