W212 rear seat removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Car
'95 E320 Sportline (A124)
Sorry this is my first post and I am looking for some help!

How the dickens do you remove the seat squab. something has rolled down underneath it from the boot area (It is an Estate) and it is driving me nuts.

Help!

Mine is a W211 estate so I imagine that it should be similar if not the same. There are a couple of black 'handles', one each side at the rear left and right of the seat squab where it meets the seat back; just pull these and it will come up.

212 estate seat squabs don't lift like the 211. My guess is that there'll be some bolts hidden somewhere.

The seat base is held in by 2 steel lugs , one on each side , that locks into a plastic socket . To remove the base give the seat a sharp tug on each corner to unclip it , then lift the base out

Last edited:
Thank you very much for all your help.

Cheers

Hi 7423237,

Please share your experience after you removed your seats. Show some pics how you did it please.

Hi Shorty,

does your answer apply to W212 saloon too? Could you post a picture showing how to remove them?

I have a 2009 E220 CDI and it has a fixed bench at rear. There were times when I needed extra boot space to carry bulky objects, and this would only be possible if I could remove the rear seats. Clueless how to do it.

I spoke to a salesperson at a dealer today. He said that it is not possible to remove the rear seats unless you cut them out! I was very surprised to hear that.

I regret that I bought this car with fixed rear seats. No idea they were when I bought it. All my previous cars had foldable rear seats!! Surprised this one does not!

The lower seat cushion on the saloon and estate are the same and can be removed in the same way .
The seat back on the saloon and estate are differant , on the estate they will fold down , but on the saloon there fixed . The cushion can be removed on the saloon but this will not allow access to the boot as theres a steel bulkhead welded in behind the seat on the saloon .

Shorty, thanks. What you said about "a steel bulkhead" sounds consistent to what the dealer told me.

Hi All,
Could not believe it, you just grab hold of the seat base and pull it up vertically at the front, no nuts no bolts to undo, and there it is in your hand. The only thing I found was a screen pen for a Nintendo DSi, wait till I get hold of the little S*d. Will test it out on some twisties on the way home tonight. If the noise is still there the dealer can have it back to sort!

Indeed, this worked perfectly - much more easily than I expected. My son was crying over several critical lost Lego parts that fell into the seat belt slot. They were easily recovered after I had mentally written them off to doomsday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom