W212 Reversing Camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr E

MB Enthusiast
Car
57 W211 E280 AG
Quite liking this, although a little odd to get used too.

However, one quick question - the manual says that there should be some guidance lines on the camera to give an idea of how far away from something you are and an approximate width of the car. However, I don't seem to have that on mine.

If anyone who has this fitted can do a quick check (before I go trundling off to the dealer) that would be great! Or could it be a case of not finding how to turn them on, buried somewhere in the manual and/or the menus?

Well in my estate (with APS), I don't have any guidance lines, but I do have the LED range display in the roof above the passenger seats.

I think the lines only come on the latest models - built after June 2011. Mine doesn't have them.

That makes it more interesting then - I'm assuming mine is a June 2012 build as it came into the UK in the last week of June. The manual - in terms of the disc supplied with the car - says that it should have the lines, so I think I'll get the dealer to check.

Needs to be enabled via STAR if its available. IIRC there was some discussion in the past on the forum about the older models having the lines but the newer not. Try a search.

Needs to be enabled via STAR if its available. IIRC there was some discussion in the past on the forum about the older models having the lines but the newer not. Try a search.

Hi - sorry for the dumb question but what do you mean by "STAR"?

I have just purchased a C-Class Coupe that was first registered in Nov 2011, but the reversing camera doesn't have the guidance lines...

'STAR' is MB's Vehicle Diagnostics computer software which is also available at some Indies.

Being a 2011 Car then it's back to your MB Dealer under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom