W212 seat agony!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jon_viola

Car
S212 E350 CDI Aantgarde Sport Estate
Hi,

For a while now I've suspicions that my W212 drivers seat is giving me problems but this was confirmed by a recent holiday rental of a Megane! I had no pins and needles, shooting pains or discomfort.

My W211 is perfect no issues at all. It has heated memory seats with manual lumbar.

My W212 has heated memory with pneumatic lumbar

Could I put in the seats from a W211? Or a W212 Coupe/Convertible?

It's either that or the car has to go....

I would suggest you experiment with seat positions and settings, perhaps even settle on two different positions saved to memory and then part-way through a long journey change positions?

Thanks. I have exactly that set on the memory settings but to no avail. It really is bad....

They are a bit hard. I ended up raising the front edge to give my thigh more support but agreed, this isn't ideal.

There is a additional back cushion add on available which I remember seeing in the accessories catalogue if that is any help, part A0009700690 :thumb:

It feels like it's the backrest. The lumber just sticks in my back no matter how much I try to deflate and pinches causing the problems.

Perhaps seats from a coupe might be better? How easy are they to fit?

I doubt they would fit easily as the coupe/convertible were based on and C Class platform but interesting to hear if someone has tried it.

I take it the lumber is inflating and deflating?

Last edited:
Yep lumbar seems to be working ok.

There is someone who has fitted coupe seats to a C class online but to an E I don't know...

Has anyone tried the heated/cooled seats in comparison to the standard seats? Do they feel different?

Can anyone tell me what I would need to do to install cooled/heated seats? My car currently has memory heated with the pneumatic lumbar.

Thanks

Jon

I'd imagine it's a complete new seat. Is there an orthopaedic version, one that has adjustable air bladders?

Just the seat cooling and heating no orthopaedic....

I have just heated no cooling or orthopaedic on my E63 but would imagine they would be the same level of (dis)comfort

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom