W212 self-levelling part numbers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

milleplod

Car
S212 E350CDi
Can anyone direct me to the part numbers for the airlines please - the car has the basic self-levelling rear end. I've collected the other parts, but can't seem to find numbers for the airlines.

Pete

Can anyone direct me to the part numbers for the airlines please - the car has the basic self-levelling rear end. I've collected the other parts, but can't seem to find numbers for the airlines.

Pete
I had mine replaced on my 2011 S212 recently and the part numbers are:
Air line A2203271045
Pipe repair piece A0003270169
Connector A0003270069- these were the small ones i think that go into the valve block etc
Compressor air line A2123270745
Brass connector - don't have part number

The garage hadn't realised they needed the brass connector and looking at my invoices it looks like they forgot to add it! So i don't have the part number - it's about £35. The official repair i believe is to use the repair section and i think you use the rest of the other pipe - something like that. Basically you don't get two complete air lines, one has to be joined using the brass connector. Ironically on mine it was leaking where the brass connector was pushing the other pipe onto the bodywork, causing it to fail. So care with routing at this point could be wise!

Hope that helps

Actually looking at it i made a mistake. The Pipe repair piece i think is the brass connector, and you need two of the A2123270745 air lines. So you need:

Air line A2203271045 x 2 @ £13.11
Pipe repair piece A0003270169 @ £40.71
Connector A0003270069- these were the small ones i think that go into the valve block etc x 4 @ 3.05
Compressor air line A2123270745 x 1 @ £5.05

And i think you join the excess from one air line to the other using the brass connector

Many thanks for the info/part numbers.

I still can't work out why the dropping is so relatively random - a leak is a leak, right, so I'd have expected consistent dropping! Hey ho, fingers crossed!

Pete

Many thanks for the info/part numbers.

I still can't work out why the dropping is so relatively random - a leak is a leak, right, so I'd have expected consistent dropping! Hey ho, fingers crossed!

Pete
Might be faulty valves? Had my airlines replaced due to leak and bellows were ok. Car still occasionally drops at the rear (evenly) but not after every journey. So car is going in on Monday (they've had it back once already and it didn't drop, typical!) and they suspect it is due to faulty valves?? Might be something similar to your problem?

Might be faulty valves? Had my airlines replaced due to leak and bellows were ok. Car still occasionally drops at the rear (evenly) but not after every journey. So car is going in on Monday (they've had it back once already and it didn't drop, typical!) and they suspect it is due to faulty valves?? Might be something similar to your problem?
Could be - my friend who's going to do the job suggested replacing the valve block first just to see what happens! Is it behind the rear bumper do you know?

Pete

Hi @milleplod

Mine does the same as yours. I’m convinced it’s not the pipes or the bellows as it very sporadic. The valve block is near the rear bumper, you can see the pipes coming from the compressor and going into it. It’s easy to remove. I’m going to investigate mine when I have time. I’ve leaked checked all the pipes and found nothing. I’ve noticed on eBay that you can buy a compressor service kit that replaces all the seals. An internal leak would make sense on mine. Might try that first then the valve block.

Keep me updated on yours if you don’t mind?

Thanks
Al

Hi @milleplod

Mine does the same as yours. I’m convinced it’s not the pipes or the bellows as it very sporadic. The valve block is near the rear bumper, you can see the pipes coming from the compressor and going into it. It’s easy to remove. I’m going to investigate mine when I have time. I’ve leaked checked all the pipes and found nothing. I’ve noticed on eBay that you can buy a compressor service kit that replaces all the seals. An internal leak would make sense on mine. Might try that first then the valve block.

Keep me updated on yours if you don’t mind?

Thanks
Al
Will do Al - I'd spotted the compressor service kits a couple of weeks ago, so might get one of those too. I'm just waiting for my friend to clear his garage before he can start on mine - he's currently got a W212 220CDi in there, it's got a wrecked engine after water ingress!

Pete

I’ve been monitoring my suspension sag for the past few months. My conclusion is it only drops when I open the boot, after a trip, and the car automatically drops the rear. It starts dropping within hours when this is the case. Does anyone know what controls this function? It seems like that part of the system sticks open once it’s been activated. I’m guessing the valve block assembly controls it but it would be good to know for sure.

Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom