W212 Suspected Oil Cooler Leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

p2djx

Car
2012 W204 C250 BlueEfficiency AMG Sport
I have a 2010 E350 and suspect I have the dreaded oil cooler seal leak. Anyone have any success using Wynns Engine Stop leak or is it mearly snake oil ? I plan on changing car in 6 months so dont want to fork out on a large repair bill.

l tried it ,but still leaking waiting for price to get job done, 09 cls 350 dont think its gonna be cheap ,i would have a go at doing it but my backs gone cant be leaning over engine anyone done one in cardiff want a fiddle

Not being funny, but get both ends of the turbo hoses/seals checked - they both can leak/dribble and they come out of the same hole underneath....

Previous history on my car showed a gasket swap and new inlet motor stepper motor as the turbo inlet oil seal had leaked on it.... When I bought the car it was "whoosing" under power (but no loss of power) and the top end of the hose was loose. When that was fixed (with new seal) then the bottom did it shortly after.

My indie steamed out the bay and had it back a week later to establish where it was coming from. Luckily not the nasty place.

Disclaimer : I also have a '10 E350 :)

I've also been told Merc take two days to do it. My Indie can (if they're not otherwise disturbed) get it done in one, but it's a long job - manifolds etc off to get at it. Mad design I think - putting the cooler in what looks like one of the hotter parts of the engine! Also, from the indie, the thick end of £900 (and they recommend the inlet motor be changed at the same time)

Last edited:
if thats the orange one on top of bat wings [air filter tubes]on front of turbo ,i have changed that still leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom