W212 Traffic Announcement and FM/DAB issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ian66

Car
Mercedes E350
Hi

I have a 2016 last of the W212 E Class with COMAND.

I have two issues, the most annoying is that I turn off TA in the menu and it stays off...for a few days. But then, I’ll be happily listening to Ken Bruce’s Pop Master on Radio 2 only for it to be interrupted by another station with a traffic announcement. I go back to the menu and TA is ticked back on. I turn it off again only for it to happen again a few days later. Any idea what’s causing this?

The other, less annoying problem, is that I will start the car with the radio on and then after a few seconds the programme will jump back a few seconds and I hear what I’ve just heard again. I’m presuming this might just be the radio switching from FM to DAB?

Thanks.

Ian

Hello, I have a 2017 GLC 350 with the same TA problem. I go into the menu and un tick the box and it keeps turning itself back on, driving me nuts! Anybody know how to stop this?
Cheers Baz

Hello, I have a 2017 GLC 350 with the same TA problem. I go into the menu and un tick the box and it keeps turning itself back on, driving me nuts! Anybody know how to stop this?
Cheers Baz

A firmware update may well fix it. If your car is under warranty, report the issue to your local dealer and insist they update the firmware on your comand/audio system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom