W212 wipers and washer not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ezimoto

Car
W212
Hi guys
Have a W212 which the front wipers and screen wash don't work on.
Car has two error codes which are for communication to wiper motor and to rain sensor.
Wash can be operated through diagnostic machine, no test for wipers unfortunately.
Wiper motor has three wires which appear to be 12v permanent feed, earth and one more wire which I guess is signal but nothing shows on scope when attempting to operate so maybe this is for something else or no signal is being sent?
Tried looking on WIS but diagrams that I can find are not very helpful though I'm no expert with the system.
Bonnet switch appears ok, dash shows bonnet open and closed as it should.
Took a stab and changed column controls with a known good unit but no difference.
Anyone have any bright ideas or better diagrams please?
Thanks in advance
Ezi

You could go WIS in where wipers are located, tick all options, search, the open 'function' document to get logic and component conections, then usually bottom of document list are wirings of selected group. Also if you open starfinder witn ETN you will get componentwise wiring diagrams.

Are door switches showing closed doors? (though washers should be disabled too and if they can be overridden, should wipers too)

I just read that wipers can be disabled if the bonnet isnt correctly secured, so the wiper arms dont foul on the bonnet, try opening and slamming the bonnet down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom